Does anyone have the problem of the power button not working all that great? Takes me a few presses before it shuts the screen off. The fingerprint reader turns it on but it takes several tries to shut it off.
    04-24-2017 07:12 PM
    Does anyone have the problem of the power button not working all that great? Takes me a few presses before it shuts the screen off. The fingerprint reader turns it on but it takes several tries to shut it off.
    Yes this is an issue for me too but I thought it was only me. Never thought to post about it because it didn't bother me much. I definitely have had the issue from the beginning. It's not that it takes a few presses, it just takes a little more pressure than we'd like to input. Unless it's really just a defect.
    04-24-2017 07:22 PM
    Maybe I am not mashing it hard enough. I can feel it click but maybe that is just not far enough.
    04-24-2017 08:43 PM
    Hmm. I feel like if you hear it click, it should have registered. How long have you guys had your phones?
    04-24-2017 10:55 PM
    Hmm. I feel like if you hear it click, it should have registered. How long have you guys had your phones?
    I've had mine since launch day I think, maybe a couple of days later. It's happened since day one
    04-25-2017 05:16 AM
    I've had mine since launch day I think, maybe a couple of days later. It's happened since day one
    Is everything else working as hoped and expected? If you're still within your warranty/return period, you could always bring it to the store/carrier and see what they suggest.
    04-25-2017 08:22 AM
    I have the same issue but figured it might be me or because i have a case getting in the way somehow.
    04-25-2017 11:44 AM
    Is everything else working as hoped and expected? If you're still within your warranty/return period, you could always bring it to the store/carrier and see what they suggest.
    Yes. Everything is going well. I love the phone. The lock button doesn't bother me enough to do an exchange. I just commented so that the OP didn't think they were alone with this minor thing. Then again, could just be the case on the phone hindering the function.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-26-2017 05:45 AM
    Glad that you posted this as I was wondering if I was the only one with the same problem. Not a deal breaker for me though because I use the knock feature to open and close the screen.
    04-26-2017 07:40 AM
    Yes. Everything is going well. I love the phone. The lock button doesn't bother me enough to do an exchange. I just commented so that the OP didn't think they were alone with this minor thing. Then again, could just be the case on the phone hindering the function.
    Glad you're loving the phone! And for sure, perhaps the case is causing some hindrance.
    04-27-2017 09:17 AM
    Having the same "problem" annoying but not a deal breaker
    04-27-2017 06:16 PM
    Same issue here, I find myself having to press the button sometimes a little harder or several times to get it on. I'm okay with it but it is somewhat annoying.
    04-27-2017 06:17 PM
    Does the G6 have knock on/off like previous G phones? I have the G5 and I almost never use the power button to turn the phone off.
    04-28-2017 08:20 AM
    Does the G6 have knock on/off like previous G phones? I have the G5 and I almost never use the power button to turn the phone off.
    Yes. I use it alot too. Very convenient
    04-28-2017 11:38 AM
    Yes it does.
    04-28-2017 11:42 AM
    I've noticed this too, also when I at my phone down on a surface the screen reacts different button presses and such seems ike they don't work or take multiple trys. Same thing with the knock on feature.
    05-07-2017 08:08 AM
    Yeah me too. It sometimes takes a few presses to lock the phone for me. I had the G5 last year which was the same set up and it worked 100% of time. I use Double tap to wake the phone but usually use the power button on the back to lock it afterwards. I use Nova Launcher so can only really double tap the status bar at the top to knock the phone off again otherwise
    05-07-2017 02:35 PM
    I've noticed the same thing - I have to hit it juuuuust right to turn off the display. On the other hand, the fingerprint sensor works flawlessly - at least as good as my iPhone 7!
    05-08-2017 09:27 AM
    I think it is pathetic this thing passed the qc check with such a bad power button.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-08-2017 09:29 AM
    I think it is pathetic this thing passed the qc check with such a bad power button.
    I hope it's not a hardware issue!
    05-08-2017 09:41 AM
    Never had any of these issues on any of the 4 Ive had. I just tested the power button and it works everytime on the first press. Having my phone on a surface doesnt seem to change its responsiveness either. Id be looking at an exchange if it were mine.
    05-08-2017 09:47 AM
    I've also had this issue from one seller, white european model. We tried another at the store and it had the same issue (of course they were offering to send it to an LG service center to let them decide if this is a problem - and they were also claiming that this is just how LG G6 buttons work, but I just returned it). I ordered another (silver, eu model) from another store and it works perfectly. I also checked an exhibited model at a T-Mobile store (it was quite hard to find any), but its button is also good.
    10-03-2017 02:37 AM
    I initially thought this seems related to the fingerprint sensor functionality being on the power button. It's almost as if there's a timing issue where fingerprint sensing interrupts the poweroff function in the software. But then I noticed that I get better response if I use a full finger press on the button compared to just my fingernail (I was trying to avoid fingerprint sensing), and even a pencil eraser works more reliably than my fingernail - so, is it a question of the button not being pressed "squarely" enough sometimes (which is exacerbated by having a case), or is it really related to fingerprint sensing (which gets confused by not having a large surface to sense)?

After many more rounds of button pressing, I am still leaning toward software rather than hardware on this, but I'm not sure.
    10-03-2017 08:21 AM
    I use it to turn on the phone and turn it off.. Double tap to wake/sleep ? Like dude buttons are so 20.st
    10-03-2017 08:30 AM