Anybody get a G6 after having S8? (Update: I got the G6)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need help with Android Pay

Costco doesn't have NFC terminals to the best of my knowledge (can't really remember, though). Samsung Pay worked because it's using MST and emulating the magnetic stripe on your card. Android Pay cannot do that and only NFC-enabled terminals will work with that.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need help with Android Pay

I mean that Samsung pay works everywhere, and Android/Apple pay only works if it's NFC enabled terminal and the store enables them for it.

Well if I recall people forget what they asked...see it all the time. if I can play the age card I'm a 61 year young person so respect your elders lol. I tried Android Pay hoping it would work the same. I sure wish there was a standalone Samsung Pay app.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
All right. I give. I returned my G6 to get the S8 on preorder. I am returning my S8. I went for what I thought was the better phone and turns out it wasn't. I had the pink tint around the edges and couldn't get rid of it even with Samsung's help. I got screwed with the Note 7 and then with the S7 lack of updates and now this. I just bought a mint condition G6 on Swappa. I'm happy to be going back. The G6 is a solid phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
All right. I give. I returned my G6 to get the S8 on preorder. I am returning my S8. I went for what I thought was the better phone and turns out it wasn't. I had the pink tint around the edges and couldn't get rid of it even with Samsung's help. I got screwed with the Note 7 and then with the S7 lack of updates and now this. I just bought a mint condition G6 on Swappa. I'm happy to be going back. The G6 is a solid phone.
Yep, surprisingly alot of us are coming back to the G6. Glad to see and hopefully will get this forum as active as it was the first couple weeks.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I cheated on my LG with the younger sexier version and once I realized I actually loved the substance of my old relationship I went crawling back. 😂😂😂

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: Ive always loved the LG keyboard

You can go Google Play store and search LG G6 theme or you can switch theme by holding down on home screen.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had both the LG G6 and the Samsung Galaxy S8+, and I must say, I loved the G6 more. That wide angle camera was something that's not on any other phone. The G6 also felt sturdier in hand. And the fingerprint sensor is in the right spot on the G6!

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had both the LG G6 and the Samsung Galaxy S8+, and I must say, I loved the G6 more. That wide angle camera was something that's not on any other phone. The G6 also felt sturdier in hand. And the fingerprint sensor is in the right spot on the G6!

Totally agree.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The honeymoon period is over on the S8 it seems... I'm still on the fence between the G6 and S8... actually I got more excited as I held the S8 first weekend and dampened my desire on the G6. But like I said the honeymoon period and the initial WOW of it is passing and watching both forums to see user posts, the S8 looks to be having some teething issues... red tint screens, bootloop issue.

While G6 forum has been very quiet which is a good thing... the phone sounds like chugging along nicely. And as more time goes, price dropping making it a better value.

I'm still going to wait a bit... a shame S8 having teething issues but I expect them to get sorted out. But I won't be touching any first/current runs until the issues have been resolved.

There is a bit of Deja Vu feeling here... Excited on the Note 7 when it released and waited for them to sort out their battery issue and after the first recall and thought I was ready to but... that day... Recalled. :confused:

Yep, surprisingly alot of us are coming back to the G6. Glad to see and hopefully will get this forum as active as it was the first couple weeks.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the S8+ & LG G6 right now and I've fallen for the S8+. I like the call quality on both phones though. My LG G6 was great but just like my S8+ more 😊

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not surprised people are coming to G6 instead or after S8. If I was picking between the two, while I'm hesitant of LG as previous G4 went into Boatload, the design is just much more functional. I personally don't like the curved display and fps position.

rdickert

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I was tempted to try an S8 but after seeing all of the press on issues (reboots, etc) I am happy to stick with my G6 - honestly have experienced zero problems with this device

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
3days since using G6...and to my surprise iam using it naked since 3 days as cover has not arrived... But this phone gives a solid feeling in the hand... It's no way slippery like s7 edge or any other glass back phone... Or even my axon 7
Battery life is killer Soo far never got such awesome battery life with day 2 of charge
Iam so happy I choose G6 over S8 this year

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
3days since using G6...and to my surprise iam using it naked since 3 days as cover has not arrived... But this phone gives a solid feeling in the hand... It's no way slippery like s7 edge or any other glass back phone... Or even my axon 7
Battery life is killer Soo far never got such awesome battery life with day 2 of charge
Iam so happy I choose G6 over S8 this year

What are some of your battery life stats? That's my main hold up about buying the G6.