Hifi dac confusion

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
There are still people out there who think they are getting the hifi dac in their G6 phones purchased in the USA. This is not the case. Only the Korean version and I believe the Chinese version of this phone has the dac. That's why it was such a deal breaker for so many. It's still a great device, but NOT for audiophiles.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a V20 and I have the B&O headphones. They sound amazing. And my phone pushes sound out like no other when using the headphone jack. But if I were to have a G6, I'd probably be taking advantage of the wireless charging much more than the hifi DAC. And I'd be ok with that. But alas the G6 is not for me, for they have sealed up the battery and that doesn't work for me.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I've been reading posts from many sites that G6 owners think they've got the hifi dacs in their US phones. It's to bad they omitted this option here.

I havent read that anywhere on here. In fact everyone on here seems pretty aware that theres no hifi dac or 64gb of storage since its one of the major complaints.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
You can buy them on ebay delivered from South Korea that will have the DAC. About the same cost has buying one retail from anyone local. They change the setting to English before shipping.

I would have already done it, but its missing one of the LTE bands for Verizon I noticed. I think the other carriers work but I didnt do much research after that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams