Most Important Aspects of A Phone

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious as to what the most important aspects of a phone are to most people, and does the G6 check most of the boxes for you. For me, the most important aspect is the screen quality because I always have to look at it, so it must be pleasing to my eyes. Ergonomics are important because I'm holding it about 95% of the time. Battery life is also important because I don't want to have to constantly charge it or worry about the phone dying on me when I need it most. There are other important features, but to me, these are the most important. The G6 does a good job for me in most of these areas, but I wish the battery was more efficient. What about you?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have one aspect, as it's more of a total package I'm looking for. In short, if the pieces of the puzzle all fit well together, assuming I'm giving a little on X to get a better Y and Z, that's what I'm looking for.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
You forgot call quality...its a phone after all lol. And thank goodness the call quality is excellent. One of my priorities is the camera and I'm really pleased. Its on par with the v10 I had.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Battery life
Signal strength
Screen quality
Speed and usability
Ergonomics/Build Quality
Features (water resistance, wireless charging etc)
Camera
Looks

In that order.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
You forgot call quality...its a phone after all lol. And thank goodness the call quality is excellent. One of my priorities is the camera and I'm really pleased. Its on par with the v10 I had.

Very rarely talk on the phone, mostly text...yeah I know, sad! But I agree, no issues with call quality other than some dropped calls that didn't happen prior with my iP7

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Battery life
Signal strength
Screen quality
Speed and usability
Ergonomics/Build Quality
Features (water resistance, wireless charging etc)
Camera
Looks

In that order.

thought looks would be higher because some people put design as a feature like many have with the Galaxy S8...looks like it didn't really factor in people's decision to buy the G6...I think it's a sexy device

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't have one aspect, as it's more of a total package I'm looking for. In short, if the pieces of the puzzle all fit well together, assuming I'm giving a little on X to get a better Y and Z, that's what I'm looking for.

Interesting take on how you pick devices. So you don't really look for specific features?

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
To be honest the s8 plus at first wowed me but then after having the g6...this is so much better. I say its like iphone and pixel had a baby

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
thought looks would be higher because some people put design as a feature like many have with the Galaxy S8...looks like it didn't really factor in people's decision to buy the G6...I think it's a sexy device

They're important to an extent but I put cases on immediately so certain aspects of appearance go out the window. Obviously I dont want something hideous like a Kyocera Echo (rasie your hands if you remember that abomination) but I would rather it feel good in the hand than look amazing.

Thats alot of why I returned the S8+. It was beautiful to look at but uncomfortable to use. Its like driving a sports car if you're 500lbs and 7 feet tall. Get an SUV at that point.

The G6 happens to be beautiful to look at though.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I've always been a fan of glass screen protectors and the edge screens are an epic fail for that.

Very true and another reason the G6 is very attractive to alot of us. Being able to properly protect an expensive device is a huge selling point. Sure, many think we shouldnt need to use protectors. However, the reality of it is, until sapphire becomes available we risk serious damage everyday we carry our phones. Keeping a device in great condition is important to alot of us.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would go with screen quality, battery, camera, phone call quality. I have learned through the years there is no perfect phone. The G6 is great and the s8+ is great. I could use either as my daily driver. Each has pros and cons.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
True. One deal breaker for me with the s8 plus was seeing the pink on the edge. I thought...no way am I paying this much money for a phone that has quality control issues right off the assembly line. When the note 7 debacle happened I thought for sure that phone would be perfect. Seeing Sammy drop the ball again was the final straw.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Interesting take on how you pick devices. So you don't really look for specific features?
Honestly, no. There are features that are important (battery life, UI friendliness, value, etc), but I won't choose a phone solely on one factor.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
One that might get overlooked is how it feels to hold. Most people might say that they throw on a giant case or the extended batteries, but the comfortability of a phone leads to texting, phone calls, camera.. If it's a pain to hold than what's the point? I had the Hyperion Extended Battery for the LG V20 and that was actually comfortable with how I held the phone. I would say UI too, though I know you can put a new launcher on it, fresh out of the box is important too. Some are awfully unusable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2