Ive been a huge fan of LG phones ever since the G2... the features, the camera..and the audio. However, as we all know by now different regions have different versions.. and sadly I live in the UK (H870) .. so we got the basic model... 32GB (no 64), No ESS Saber Dac and No wireless charging..

For me, the the most important features of a phone are: Audio (incl.. call quality) and Camera > Screen then Battery life.. which the G6 fills, except for the poor Audio.

Loudspeaker and call quality on G4 and G5 were stunning.. loud and actually quite capable for podcasts and nice loud ringers, but the waterproofing has made the G6 speaker and ear piece thin and not very loud, also voice through ear piece is muffled and lacks clarity, although this can be improved by changing the settings in the "Call" optiuons .. and while better than Samsungs S8 effort.. its still lacking. Also headphones Audio lacks bass and depth of the G5 / G4 and S7 edge..

Dont get me wrong I love my G6.. camera, screen and battery life are stunning.. and ill be happy with it for the 18 months.. and LG may improve it in firmware, but at this point, the Audio disappoints,

What do you guys think.. are you happy with the Audio?
    05-03-2017 03:32 PM
    Ive been a huge fan of LG phones ever since the G2... the features, the camera..and the audio. However, as we all know by now different regions have different versions.. and sadly I live in the UK (H870) .. so we got the basic model... 32GB (no 64), No ESS Saber Dac and No wireless charging..

For me, the the most important features of a phone are: Audio (incl.. call quality) and Camera > Screen then Battery life.. which the G6 fills, except for the poor Audio.

Loudspeaker and call quality on G4 and G5 were stunning.. loud and actually quite capable for podcasts and nice loud ringers, but the waterproofing has made the G6 speaker and ear piece thin and not very loud, also voice through ear piece is muffled and lacks clarity, although this can be improved by changing the settings in the "Call" optiuons .. and while better than Samsungs S8 effort.. its still lacking. Also headphones Audio lacks bass and depth of the G5 / G4 and S7 edge..

Dont get me wrong I love my G6.. camera, screen and battery life are stunning.. and ill be happy with it for the 18 months.. and LG may improve it in firmware, but at this point, the Audio disappoints,

What do you guys think.. are you happy with the Audio?
    I have zero complains as in my country india we get 64gb version with hifi dac and got cash back of 10k rs (155$) ..
    Best deal ever at launch..G6 is the perfect phone for me
    05-03-2017 04:46 PM
    UK user here

Only had the phone for a few days, but the lack of Quad DAC really hurts me. Couldnt care less about wireless charging. It's not an important feature in the UK yet.

Audio wise, it is an improvement over the G5 from a headphones point of view. Havent tested the speaker phone myself yet.

Not being able to switch batteries may hurt a lot, especially with festival season approaching, but thats the future apparently.

Overall big improvement over the G5 but the camera, while good, has a lot of room for improvement, especially in lowlight. If i could have the G4 camera with the G6 app, that's my dream.

Oh and biggest disappointment is that awful front cam. How did it get so bad?

Good device but over priced because of those issues. phone should be around the £500 mark at most
    05-04-2017 03:36 AM