Screen has dead pixels!

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Not very happy right now because my screen has some dead pixels on the screen in the lower left corner. And there is a blue line going up the whole left side of the screen. I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet. It just randomly did this. I will be taking it in to Verizon tomorrow. I had better not have to pay to get it replaced. So the screenshot doesn't show the bad pixels. It shows up in my screenshot but not here when I upload it.
fad4b1d8b837324823e17dd65fb74f2c.jpg

Last edited:

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
could be a defective product

Pretty much happens with any device

should be covered by warranty for sure and swapped out
I hope so. This doesn't give me any good feelings about LG. They were already trying to redeem themselves with me, having had two G4's crap out on me.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I hope so. This doesn't give me any good feelings about LG. They were already trying to redeem themselves with me, having had two G4's crap out on me.

Every manufacturer has 0.1% defects in their product that's y we have warranty.. Just get it replaced...
If u see Samsung s8 forum u will see what's 10 bugs of defects looks like in a brand new s8 s8+

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

ahh to be fair any phone model will have this issue

The G4 did have a design defect but never had an issue with the G5 and the G6 seems pretty solid too

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Every manufacturer has 0.1% defects in their product that's y we have warranty.. Just get it replaced...
If u see Samsung s8 forum u will see what's 10 bugs of defects looks like in a brand new s8 s8+

But most folks don't have those defects. I have a perfectly operating S8 and G6.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They should be able to exchange. My S8+ had dead pixels when I got my first one and they exchanged it.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
They are sending me a warranty replacement due to arrive tomorrow. I will have to set up my phone twice. Once today with this one then again tomorrow when the new one arrives. They had to do a hard reset before they could issue me a warranty replacement.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
They are sending me a warranty replacement due to arrive tomorrow. I will have to set up my phone twice. Once today with this one then again tomorrow when the new one arrives. They had to do a hard reset before they could issue me a warranty replacement.

Glad u getting a replacement

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Use LG backup

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet