So I've had the G6 for 3 days....

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I jumped on the $350 deal on AT&T Next for the G6. And while its a super solid phone offering a great android experience, I can't say its the device for me.

Several days before, I had a S8. Great device, plenty of features (gimmicks) and it worked flawlessly. The only reason I returned it was because I thought the G6 would be "the one" at about 1/2 the price.

Here's my issue. I've been taking alot of pictures, checking in on other people's posts here, and taking more. For some reason, I can't get the quality I was expecting. Low lighting struggles, average lighting difficulty, making adjustments in manual mode, trying to get the gallery to sync with Google Photos. I saw someone suggest that the ISO and f stop is a bit off. Another was convinced the camera itself was bad. I'm having second thoughts about my experience.

I take alot of pictures of my kids with my phone. So its a big priority for me. Everything else, I love about the G6, its the perfect weight and the screen size is #1 . As much as I love it..I just may go back to the S8.

Only if the G6 provided me with the image quality and camera experience as the S8. Some of you have posted some great shots so it may very well be me, or a dud.

Any thoughts?

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I jumped on the $350 deal on AT&T Next for the G6. And while its a super solid phone offering a great android experience, I can't say its the device for me.

Several days before, I had a S8. Great device, plenty of features (gimmicks) and it worked flawlessly. The only reason I returned it was because I thought the G6 would be "the one" at about 1/2 the price.

Here's my issue. I've been taking alot of pictures, checking in on other people's posts here, and taking more. For some reason, I can't get the quality I was expecting. Low lighting struggles, average lighting difficulty, making adjustments in manual mode, trying to get the gallery to sync with Google Photos. I saw someone suggest that the ISO and f stop is a bit off. Another was convinced the camera itself was bad. I'm having second thoughts about my experience.

I take alot of pictures of my kids with my phone. So its a big priority for me. Everything else, I love about the G6, its the perfect weight and the screen size is #1 . As much as I love it..I just may go back to the S8.

Only if the G6 provided me with the image quality and camera experience as the S8. Some of you have posted some great shots so it may very well be me, or a dud.

Any thoughts?

Iam having zero issues with the camera...
1) check if camera is set to 13mp instead of 8mp which is default

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the s8 Plus just now and just about to pull the trigger and buy the G6. I love the s8 Plus in most ways but I'm not feeling the camera. I had the same issue with the s7 edge where it takes lovely pics until you crop them or zoom in and you see how poor the detail is. I had the LG G5 too and loved the camera in good light but had the same issues you mention where low light it struggled and having young kids, the photos ofter came out blurry. I was hoping the G6 would have fixed that but now I'm really unsure if I should jump or not

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the s8 Plus just now and just about to pull the trigger and buy the G6. I love the s8 Plus in most ways but I'm not feeling the camera. I had the same issue with the s7 edge where it takes lovely pics until you crop them or zoom in and you see how poor the detail is. I had the LG G5 too and loved the camera in good light but had the same issues you mention where low light it struggled and having young kids, the photos ofter came out blurry. I was hoping the G6 would have fixed that but now I'm really unsure if I should jump or not

Jump! This is an awesome phone.

Attachments

• 3654.jpg
    3654.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 237

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Jump! This is an awesome phone.

The trigger has been pulled. Should receive it tomorrow. I really enjoyed the G5 (minus the awful battery) despite all the bad reviews so quite looking forward to the G6 now. Can't wait to get those dual cameras back too

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
The trigger has been pulled. Should receive it tomorrow. I really enjoyed the G5 (minus the awful battery) despite all the bad reviews so quite looking forward to the G6 now. Can't wait to get those dual cameras back too

Congrats. I have an Otter box Defender case and Zagg glass screen protector. Both work good together. Enjoy.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the Google Photos sync issue?

So when in the camera app, If I attempt to delete a shot it will disappear for a few seconds then reappear. So I go to the Gallery app, and try to delete it from there. Once I delete it, I'll get the notification that Google Photos doesn't have access to the gallery. Small hiccup which I'm sure can be corrected, but its part of my experience.

I'm going to take some more shots tonight and maybe some at the office and post them here.

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

you're coming from the G5, you'll love it.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I hope you like it! Mine should arrive within the next hour or two!

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
At&t deal was too good to pass up. Picked up a black one yesterday. Feels great in hand. Let's see how it goes the next few weeks.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Any thoughts?

I've taken some stunning pics with my G6, but I've also taken some crappy ones...I believe the biggest disappointment with this shooter is that it's inconsistent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power