I got this device after my Le Pro3 charger port got fried and at first I was excited to get a nice new flagship...but I'm having some issues already.

1. Fingerprint scanner. I posted a thread about this, but my phone is frequently telling me it can't use my fingerprint. Really irritating since my previous phone would let me keep trying until it read my print correctly. This G6 only gives me one chance.

2. Certain apps get hung up when opening. It's like they freeze before fully opening and I have to back out to the home screen and try again. This has happened several times.

3. I put in my SD card from an earlier device, but this phone won't write to it when I set up the camera to do so. I'm hoping it's just the card, but this is one now issue among several...

4. I set up my Bluetooth to connect to my Honda, but it doesn't want to connect to the direct link app on my phone, which my previous device did automatically.

This is only a day and a half in, so obviously I'm a bit concerned that I'll have to return it and reconsider my options. Anyone else have similar issues or advice for any of these problems?
    05-04-2017 08:11 PM
    I got this device after my Le Pro3 charger port got fried and at first I was excited to get a nice new flagship...but I'm having some issues already.

1. Fingerprint scanner. I posted a thread about this, but my phone is frequently telling me it can't use my fingerprint. Really irritating since my previous phone would let me keep trying until it read my print correctly. This G6 only gives me one chance.

2. Certain apps get hung up when opening. It's like they freeze before fully opening and I have to back out to the home screen and try again. This has happened several times.

3. I put in my SD card from an earlier device, but this phone won't write to it when I set up the camera to do so. I'm hoping it's just the card, but this is one now issue among several...

4. I set up my Bluetooth to connect to my Honda, but it doesn't want to connect to the direct link app on my phone, which my previous device did automatically.

This is only a day and a half in, so obviously I'm a bit concerned that I'll have to return it and reconsider my options. Anyone else have similar issues or advice for any of these problems?
    Do a factory reset
    05-04-2017 08:20 PM
    Do a factory reset
    This. All the issues your having I haven't had once and I'm on my 4th (long story lol). What you're experiencing is not the norm for this phone.
    05-04-2017 08:50 PM
    Yup. Either FDR, or just return it as a defective unit.
    05-04-2017 10:35 PM
    Yup. Either FDR, or just return it as a defective unit.
    Same, I've had mine for a few weeks and I have had zero issues.
    05-04-2017 10:38 PM

Zero issues here using since 10 days...
    Make sure format your sd card before installing and hard reset your phone and dont back up old content...only back up contacts
    05-05-2017 07:15 AM
    When I first got the phone, and I did a restore of all my apps from my old phone, I was so angry at my g6. It sucked, battery horrible, nothing worked, glitched, hang up.

Factory reset - started from scratch and it's a completely new phone. Only added what I really needed, and I've had ZERO issues. Great battery life, everything is fast, FPS is awesome, totally pleased with the device.

If you're still having issues after that, then it's a bad phone and you should be able to exchange it.
    05-05-2017 09:07 AM
    I have factory reset twice and the fingerprint and bluetooth issues persist.

Question: should the FPS be allowing multiple attempts? My previous phone (the first one I owned with FPS) would let me keep trying...but I wasn't sure if the G6 was different this way.

I may ride up to T-Mobile today and see about swapping it out.
    05-05-2017 09:17 AM

Question: should the FPS be allowing multiple attempts? My previous phone (the first one I owned with FPS) would let me keep trying...but I wasn't sure if the G6 was different this way.

I may ride up to T-Mobile today and see about swapping it out.
    I just tried mine with fingers I haven't set up. I tried 3 fingers and it kept letting me try without any warnings. My fps works the first time everytime. If it's still doing it after a reset then there is something wrong with that particular device and it definitely needs to be exchanged.
    05-05-2017 09:31 AM
    Return it. You have a faulty device.
    05-05-2017 09:51 AM
    err have you updated it yet ?
    05-05-2017 10:26 AM
    You mean the firmware? Yeah, when I bought it, it required an update before anything else.

I ended up going in and swapping it out just now. So far it appears to be working better. Give me a day or two with it and I'll be able to say for sure that it's all good. Thanks for the input.
    05-05-2017 01:37 PM
    EDIT:

So, everything was going great...no issues with the FPS. Then I installed some of the apps I had put on my old phone. Nova Launcher of course...but the one problem with Nova is that it, as a launcher, disables the Knock off feature that LG codes into their software. Knock on works fine, but switching it off is another issue. To get around this problem on my LG G3, I installed a 3rd party app called Screen Off & Lock and tied the double-tap gesture in Nova to this app, which would then switch off my device when I double tapped the screen. Thing is, it requires certain administrator permissions to be able to control the device this way. Once I installed this app, then the FPS problem started up again. Uninstalled it and it started working fine again. So I identified THAT particular issue. I discovered that I can still double-tap the notification bar and it will still turn off the screen. It requires a bit more precision than having that app did, but I'd rather have a fully functional FPS...

As for the others - the bluetooth issues and the frozen apps - I like to think I still had a problematic device.
    05-05-2017 02:09 PM
    EDIT:

So, everything was going great...no issues with the FPS. Then I installed some of the apps I had put on my old phone. Nova Launcher of course...but the one problem with Nova is that it, as a launcher, disables the Knock off feature that LG codes into their software. Knock on works fine, but switching it off is another issue. To get around this problem on my LG G3, I installed a 3rd party app called Screen Off & Lock and tied the double-tap gesture in Nova to this app, which would then switch off my device when I double tapped the screen. Thing is, it requires certain administrator permissions to be able to control the device this way. Once I installed this app, then the FPS problem started up again. Uninstalled it and it started working fine again. So I identified THAT particular issue. I discovered that I can still double-tap the notification bar and it will still turn off the screen. It requires a bit more precision than having that app did, but I'd rather have a fully functional FPS...

As for the others - the bluetooth issues and the frozen apps - I like to think I still had a problematic device.
    It's not just Nova. All 3rd parties will disable knock off. I'm not using Nova but maybe one of the pros could sound off in a possible walk around in the pro version

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-05-2017 03:26 PM