Bought T-Mob G6 day one, just got price drop honored

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Props to the previous post on here that mentioned the T-Mobile G6 price drop and showed several people's experiences. They motivated me to reach out to T-Mobile again.

I posted earlier on here that twitter T-Mobile told me they were not going to do anything for me in regards to the G6 price drop.

After reading that some folks on this post were able to get 75 dollars back, I decided to call T-Mobile. I told the lady some people said they had gotten some money back, but the majority of people were going through the grief of taking their phone back to T-Mobile, eating the restocking fee so they could get a 100 bucks off, and I was hoping not to go through that. She said she saw I had called about the price drop before and I explained that that was when I got blown off by T-Mobile twitter support. She said she didn't want me to have to go through the grief of going to the store either, and her manager approved a $150 bill credit for me. Woohoo!

I know there's always the luck of the draw with the operator you get, but this is a no BS real life account that happened thanks to the experiences you guys posted on here. Give it a shot if you're in the same situation and good luck.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Props to the previous post on here that mentioned the T-Mobile G6 price drop and showed several people's experiences. They motivated me to reach out to T-Mobile again.

I posted earlier on here that twitter T-Mobile told me they were not going to do anything for me in regards to the G6 price drop.

After reading that some folks on this post were able to get 75 dollars back, I decided to call T-Mobile. I told the lady some people said they had gotten some money back, but the majority of people were going through the grief of taking their phone back to T-Mobile, eating the restocking fee so they could get a 100 bucks off, and I was hoping not to go through that. She said she saw I had called about the price drop before and I explained that that was when I got blown off by T-Mobile twitter support. She said she didn't want me to have to go through the grief of going to the store either, and her manager approved a $150 bill credit for me. Woohoo!

I know there's always the luck of the draw with the operator you get, but this is a no BS real life account that happened thanks to the experiences you guys posted on here. Give it a shot if you're in the same situation and good luck.

Wow ...enjoy your cash back

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Just like many other people that agreed to pay the $649.99. I agreed to pay that amount. In my opinion if you agree to a price, then that's it. You signed on the dotted line. You are not entitled to any sort of discount. I'm not against the OP in anyway but I deal with this sort of thing every day being in the car business and nothing drives me crazier than when people tell me they're​ stuck with a high car payment and that it's their last salespersons fault. No one put a gun to your head, no one forced you to sign on the dotted line and no one forced you to buy such an expensive vehicle. If you can't afford it why are you even on our showroom floor?! Poor money management, one of my biggest pet peeves. Rant over. Sorry.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Just like many other people that agreed to pay the $649.99. I agreed to pay that amount. In my opinion if you agree to a price, then that's it. You signed on the dotted line. You are not entitled to any sort of discount. I'm not against the OP in anyway but I deal with this sort of thing every day being in the car business and nothing drives me crazier than when people tell me they're​ stuck with a high car payment and that it's their last salespersons fault. No one put a gun to your head, no one forced you to sign on the dotted line and no one forced you to buy such an expensive vehicle. If you can't afford it why are you even on our showroom floor?! Poor money management, one of my biggest pet peeves. Rant over. Sorry.

Well, not to be argumentative, and I understand your point, but even most department stores will refund the difference if you purchase an item from them and it goes on sale for a lower price within 30 days.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not going to get into an argument about car sales. Price matching is pretty standard nowadays with general purchases. I might not have said anything if the price had changed after a month, but it changed before even a month had gone by, and it seemed wrong to me, so I asked.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not going to get into an argument about car sales. Price matching is pretty standard nowadays with general purchases. I might not have said anything if the price had changed after a month, but it changed before even a month had gone by, and it seemed wrong to me, so I asked.

Everyone thinks they know car sales. And just about everyone thinks their story is one a salesperson hasn't heard before. But I agree let's not get into it:)

I have no problem with someone getting a price honored. Just thought I'd share my opinion on that matter. Recently had someone come up to me and say that they screwed on their purchase because we're selling the product far cheaper now... Keep in mind it's been a year since he bought it.

Idk LG is weird. I expected something odd like this to happen. But I'm happy with my phone and I agreed to pay the price I paid. Unless I hated the carrier, I have no reason to give them a call.

For those that have called, hows it turning out for you?

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I called yesterday. No dice. I'm gonna go into store. I just got my phone last week so maybe they can credit me. I'm not saying it'll work , never hurts to try.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I called yesterday. No dice. I'm gonna go into store. I just got my phone last week so maybe they can credit me. I'm not saying it'll work , never hurts to try.

They will make you return the phone and repurchase it. You'll have to fight to not be charged the $50 restocking fee.

Anu Mantra

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
IMO, I do not have that much nerve in me to fight/argue with them. Moreover with JOD, I believe I'm on a good deal. Will think that I kept it for 2 more months worth of EMI when changing it for a new phone in fall this year. :D

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So no dice in store, they told me to contact tmobile directly. I just got off the phone and they did not give me the full $150 but i did get $75 off. I may call later to try to catch another nice customer service person and try to get the rest of the $150 off. Persistence pays off.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

With Verizon they used to do that up to thirty days later. I bought a phone from them once and the phone went down twice. It was their policy.

I used to sell cars and never had anyone come back to me about high payments.... Not that I doubt you.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So no dice in store, they told me to contact tmobile directly. I just got off the phone and they did not give me the full $150 but i did get $75 off. I may call later to try to catch another nice customer service person and try to get the rest of the $150 off. Persistence pays off.

Its always best to call customer service....at least with Verizon it id

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Latest update. The quickest T-Mobile response you're going to have is through twitter, but the compassionate discount I seem to have gotten was ultimately luck if the draw with a nice operator. I called T-Mobile when I received my bill because the discount was not in my bill. The operator said I was not going to get the discount and that was that. I immediately tweeted that T-Mobile needed to keep an eye on its reps because reps were lying about notes they claimed to be writing on customer accounts. I immediately got a tweet back, and long story short the discount was in my notes and it was honored.

Lesson learned: make sure everything you're told is written down, and tweet T-Mobile support for the most efficient English speaking service. (I've been getting a lot of foreign operators when I call lately.)

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Latest update. The quickest T-Mobile response you're going to have is through twitter, but the compassionate discount I seem to have gotten was ultimately luck if the draw with a nice operator. I called T-Mobile when I received my bill because the discount was not in my bill. The operator said I was not going to get the discount and that was that. I immediately tweeted that T-Mobile needed to keep an eye on its reps because reps were lying about notes they claimed to be writing on customer accounts. I immediately got a tweet back, and long story short the discount was in my notes and it was honored.

Lesson learned: make sure everything you're told is written down, and tweet T-Mobile support for the most efficient English speaking service. (I've been getting a lot of foreign operators when I call lately.)

Agreed, T-Mobile twitter is the only way I have gotten anything handled. I had to have them take care of 2 refunds I did through phone sales. They got one resolved 42 days after they received the returned item and another one just got handled last week 56 days after they received the returned item.

Phone service couldnt get any resolution for either return.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I'd try it if I could somehow do it without dealing with T-Mobile support on any front. Even on Twitter I have been told countless times that my issues would be resolved timely. Still waiting on an EIP payment refund since May 11th lol. I also think it's funny that they all preface the messages saying they have been in my shoes.

Not to debunk the thread, but I'll eat the $100 before dealing with them again.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

From what I've learned as a consumer is if you're not absolutely satisfied, complain. Eventually they will offer some type of deal or in some cases a full refund while you get to keep the item.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana