A question on sound quality

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
HI, I have had a g4 for 2 years and am due an upgrade.

To be honest calls and texts are the lowest thing on my list of must haves. I know it sounds weird for a phone buyer. But I barely make any calls and barely receive any. I mainly use my phone as a smart device.

I love the sound on my G4 and listen to music whilst at work a lot, at least 3-4 hours a day.

I have read that us in Europe don't get the DAC thingy which is supposed to make the sound amazing.

Can somebody who has the European version let me know if the sound is as good as or better than the G4? Being the same is fine.

The reason I will upgrade is because my phone needs charging too often. Apps also crash. And I would like a faster phone with a better camera. Although to me the camera on the G4 is pretty dam good. (I am not a professional photographer)

Thanks in advance

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know you specifically asked for someone who has the European version to chime in (US here), but I don't think there is a difference between the audio quality of non DAC G6 devices.

That being said, I think it sounds just fine through wired and BT headphones, as well as BT speakers.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
HI, I have had a g4 for 2 years and am due an upgrade.

To be honest calls and texts are the lowest thing on my list of must haves. I know it sounds weird for a phone buyer. But I barely make any calls and barely receive any. I mainly use my phone as a smart device.

I love the sound on my G4 and listen to music whilst at work a lot, at least 3-4 hours a day.

I have read that us in Europe don't get the DAC thingy which is supposed to make the sound amazing.

Can somebody who has the European version let me know if the sound is as good as or better than the G4? Being the same is fine.

The reason I will upgrade is because my phone needs charging too often. Apps also crash. And I would like a faster phone with a better camera. Although to me the camera on the G4 is pretty dam good. (I am not a professional photographer)

Thanks in advance

If size isn't a concern....sounds like you need a V20 in your life.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The sound quality of the non quad DAC version is still very good.

Definitely a step up from the G5 and G4

HTC devices are obviously better but not by much, this is definitely top half of the table though

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for the G4 but have the European G6 with no DAC (no wireless charging and no 64gb...yeah we got a great deal) but the sound is definitely a step up from G5 I had last year. I had the s8 Plus too which I thought sounded fantastic though wired headphones but the G6 surpringly sound much better than that too. I doubt you'll be dissapointed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca