LG G6 Reviews & Comparisons

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: I like the LG G6 more than the Galaxy S8.... Fight Me (YouTube Video)

I have both as of today. No fight here either. Both are excellent devices.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

But I don't wanna fight him. He seems so pleasant.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I enjoyed this review. Seemed balanced. Pros and Cons on both devices.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Very good review. Hit all the right points, and I fully agree with all his positive comments about the G6. I absolutely prefer the flat screen.

Two Thumbs up. Like Fox News, this dude was fair and balanced.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

I have to agree on most of his points, and if the g6 was a couple $100 cheaper then I would be all over it. But at roughly the same price, the s8 just offers more. Also while he prefers a flat screen, I love the curved edge fall off. I love how it makes the video appear to be in my hand, not on a device. I also agree that the wide angle lens is quite valuable, but at the same time your camera needs to be flawless when it comes to taking normal pictures and video, and the g6 still seems to lag behind samsung here. It isn't that the samsung takes images flawlessly, but it "fails less".

2 other reasons I am pretty sure I am jumping on the s8 when it comes out, LG still hasn't proven it has gotten rid of its bootloop issues and hardware failures. And LG seems to have a poor'ish bluetooth implementation in all their phones. Each generation has less and less issues but I still need to wipe the cache on my G4 every month to stop the skipping on bluetooth audio. Bluetooth is huge for wireless audio and Im willing to pick samsung to try for a better experience here.

ktr04

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site

I've been playing with my S8+ for two days now and I agree, I like the G6 better. It feels like a more solid/premium phone for me, and I do like the flat screen more than the curved screen.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

I have to agree on most of his points, and if the g6 was a couple $100 cheaper then I would be all over it. But at roughly the same price, the s8 just offers more. Also while he prefers a flat screen, I love the curved edge fall off. I love how it makes the video appear to be in my hand, not on a device. I also agree that the wide angle lens is quite valuable, but at the same time your camera needs to be flawless when it comes to taking normal pictures and video, and the g6 still seems to lag behind samsung here. It isn't that the samsung takes images flawlessly, but it "fails less".

2 other reasons I am pretty sure I am jumping on the s8 when it comes out, LG still hasn't proven it has gotten rid of its bootloop issues and hardware failures. And LG seems to have a poor'ish bluetooth implementation in all their phones. Each generation has less and less issues but I still need to wipe the cache on my G4 every month to stop the skipping on bluetooth audio. Bluetooth is huge for wireless audio and Im willing to pick samsung to try for a better experience here.

G4??

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G6 Review From A Loyal iPhone User

This video was not made with a Red camera, dual Sennheiser microphones and studio lighting. At least he is very sincere.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G6 Review From A Loyal iPhone User

Genuine video and review... I myself leaning towards G6 than s8...
Waiting for Indian price for for G6
Hope priced well or will buy from UAE Dubai

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Great review what I was waiting for..
Once a saw the s8 duos launch I decided I was going for G6 for 2 simple reasons... Flat screen and dual cameras
G6 gets my money this year and it's way cheaper than s8
In India s8 duos are launched expensive

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

My girlfriend is coming off an iPhone 7 and I'm leaning her toward the G6 and away from the S8 to complement my V20

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000