What keyboard are you guys using?

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Been using Gboard for the longest but just downloaded the Xperia keyboard from XDA and it has been pretty good. I think the swiping is much more accurate.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, I've been a SwiftKey user for a long, long time, but recently made the jump to Gboard (within the past two weeks). I promised myself I'd give it a full month, so I actually uninstalled both the beta and regular versions of SwiftKey to keep me honest. I've found after several weeks that the prediction is getting much better.

I had found in recent months that SwiftKey had gotten a little clunky. I really like the ability to search within the keyboard itself.

Louiemacgoo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several different keyboards over the years including the stock keyboards, SwiftKey & Gboard and I always come back to Swype. IMHO nothing else compares.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been a fan of SWYPE forever. Remember when the branded SWYPE was provided on many phones at the beginning of Android. SWYPE's Prediction was awesome, swipe from 'm' to space bar to automatically insert a question mark, same for the 'x' to spacebar to insert an explanation point. The most useful was the ability to swipe the letter above the keyboard and back down to complete the word with a capital letter. You did not have to press the cap button first, then swipe the word. I became a prolific SWYPE'r. However... Their last update botched that up. They added numbers in a separate row, something SWYPE'rs wanted, but the swipe about the keyboard to make a word capitalized no longer. This technique has also been removed from their SWYPE tips. In addition, when I am playing my beloved Spades Plus, when I SWYPE chat (to put down the suckee players) it inserts the same word I previously typed again... Most annoying. Go to their forum, and it's a known issue, but has not been addressed. It has ruined my precious SWYPE. Now I am just using the stock keyboard of my Moto G4+, a broken and inefficient typist. All the other keyboards really just do the same swiping thing. SWYPE 'was' better.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ive used a couple, the stock LG keyboard which I didn't like. Then I switchedto gboard, which I do like, but wasn't quite perfect. A friend of mine mine sent me a link to an xda story that highlighted the ability to get the BlackBerry keyboard on here. The reviews looked good so I installed it and have been using it for the last week. Man im glad to have this keyboard back. I wish BlackBerry would put out a legit version of it but until then ill be using this one.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Ive used a couple, the stock LG keyboard which I didn't like. Then I switchedto gboard, which I do like, but wasn't quite perfect. A friend of mine mine sent me a link to an xda story that highlighted the ability to get the BlackBerry keyboard on here. The reviews looked good so I installed it and have been using it for the last week. Man im glad to have this keyboard back. I wish BlackBerry would put out a legit version of it but until then ill be using this one.
Ah yes. Miss the flick typing!

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

What didn't you like about the LG one?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've been a SwiftKey user for a long, long time, but recently made the jump to Gboard (within the past two weeks). I promised myself I'd give it a full month, so I actually uninstalled both the beta and regular versions of SwiftKey to keep me honest. I've found after several weeks that the prediction is getting much better.

I had found in recent months that SwiftKey had gotten a little clunky. I really like the ability to search within the keyboard itself.
This was true for me and my v20.. SwiftKey was too clunky. I have Gboard installed and use it every once in awhile.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I was a longtime Swiftkey user, but when Gboard added emoji prediction a while back I switched to give it a chance. It has a lot of features I like, but sometimes the autocorrect is a little too aggressive. I'm still using it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech