I'm thinking about getting the Unlocked US997 module for use on T-mobile. Has anyone tried it yet? Issues? Here are my questions:

1. Does Visual Voicemail work? On the official T-Mobile G6, there is the T-Mobile branded Voicemail app so I'm wondering if I'll have to call in to get my VM which would suck.

2. It looks like the Unlocked version has all the bands except LTE band 66. I wonder if this will be an issue or not? I can't find out much info as to where band 66 has been deployed.

3. Will I need to enter my own network settings or will it configure itself? Really don't want to be trying to figure out how to get mms or data working properly.
    05-15-2017 11:08 PM
    Don't know about T-Mobile but I picked it up and am using it on AT&T. For whatever reason, AT&T visual voicemail isn't working for me even with their app. Probably just an AT&T thing.

There are several apps that can show what LTE band you're currently using. This phone doesn't have band 30 so I just used an app to show that I was only ever on bands 2 and 17 so I went ahead and got the phone.

When I placed my already active SIM card in the phone, it set all the network configuration on its own. On the plus side, I'm also getting VoLTE which doesn't always happen with an unlocked phone on AT&T.

Overall, I'm thrilled with this phone especially since it was only $599 instead of $720.
    05-16-2017 07:04 AM
    Currently on a Windows phone and not sure if there's an app available to check the frequencies. Even if there was, it wouldn't help me check areas that I plan to travel to but it's still a good suggestion.

Visual Voicemail works perfect on my Windows phone with the native UI. I'm guessing the Unlocked G6 has a native Google app instead of the T-Mobile one?

Good to know you didn't have to manually configure APN settings. I plan to put an international sim in once or twice so that would be annoying to have to remember those settings.
    05-16-2017 04:56 PM
    I'm surprised there aren't more people on here using the US997 on T-Mobile. Did you get the software update that recently came out on T-mobile for the G6?
    05-17-2017 05:21 PM
    Don't know about T-Mobile but I picked it up and am using it on AT&T. For whatever reason, AT&T visual voicemail isn't working for me even with their app. Probably just an AT&T thing.

There are several apps that can show what LTE band you're currently using. This phone doesn't have band 30 so I just used an app to show that I was only ever on bands 2 and 17 so I went ahead and got the phone.

When I placed my already active SIM card in the phone, it set all the network configuration on its own. On the plus side, I'm also getting VoLTE which doesn't always happen with an unlocked phone on AT&T.

Overall, I'm thrilled with this phone especially since it was only $599 instead of $720.
    Are you still using the G6 on AT&T? If so are you happy with it?
    08-27-2017 09:03 PM
    I'm using it on T-Mobile, and yes the visual voicemail does work. area of concern is the fact that I'm still on the January security update
    08-27-2017 11:31 PM