For those coming from an LG G5, how does it compare

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
For those coming from an LG G5, how do you feel the upgrade to the G6? Do you think is worth it.

I know the technical details (processor, battery capacity, wireless charging, military certifications, bigger screen and new ratio, build quality, water resistant, etc.) but I wanted to ask what is your experience and why you think is worth it or not worth it.

I want a second/backup device and I have a LG G6 in sealed box but I am debating between keeping it or selling it for $400 and buying a G5 for $200 (or something similar, cheap but still high end and great)

Currently I have an iPhone 6s as second device but being iOS is not compatible with a lot of apps and it is annoying that I cannot do a lot of things I can with my main device. For example I use a calculator emulator almost on a daily basis or another example is I wouldn't be able to restore a lot of backup stuff such as whatsapp to the iPhone if something happens to my main device.

Thank you!

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: For thos coming from an LG G5, how does it compare

Worthy for sure in my opinion.

I think the G5 was a solid phone that preformed well. The G6 on the other hand...

Battery life is much better.
Build quality is excellent
Performance is top of the line
Aspect ratio you either like or you don't and I love it

It just seems like LG nailed it this time around.

The G5 is a good phone and if money is a deciding factor go with it. Personally I think the G6 is worth the extra.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site

Worthy for sure in my opinion.

I think the G5 was a solid phone that preformed well. The G6 on the other hand...

Battery life is much better.
Build quality is excellent
Performance is top of the line
Aspect ratio you either like or you don't and I love it

It just seems like LG nailed it this time around.

The G5 is a good phone and if money is a deciding factor go with it. Personally I think the G6 is worth the extra.

Thank you!

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site

It's such a tough call. I own the G5, tried the G6 for 1/2 price from AT&T and loved it, then went back to the G5 because the differences weren't important enough for me for the price. The G5 still rules but so does the G6. Hope that helps.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Thank you!

It is definitely better, there is no doubt at all, but at $200 vs $400 is it worth the difference?
Way better battery life, better build quality, water and dust resistant, no removable battery if that is a problem.. better screen, better viewing angles in the sun.. better DAC for listening to music with head phones.. better camera.. but ultimately it's what you decide. I think it's a way better device overall, and the G5 wasn't even bad.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Way better battery life, better build quality, water and dust resistant, no removable battery if that is a problem.. better screen, better viewing angles in the sun.. better DAC for listening to music with head phones.. better camera.. but ultimately it's what you decide. I think it's a way better device overall, and the G5 wasn't even bad.

I agree totally. For me it's worth the money

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. I had the G5 last year and mostly liked it. The awful battery life broke me eventually and I traded it. The always on display is much better, bigger and brighter on the G6, water resistance, better wide angle camera, and the vastly improved battery life are all the reasons I need for the G6 to be a better for me this year

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
G5 to G6 similar to a 2 year upgrade. (i.e. S5 to S7)

I couldn't wait to trade in my G5 for this. I don't miss that phone at all.

G6 is awesome.