For those coming from an LG G5, how do you feel the upgrade to the G6? Do you think is worth it.

I know the technical details (processor, battery capacity, wireless charging, military certifications, bigger screen and new ratio, build quality, water resistant, etc.) but I wanted to ask what is your experience and why you think is worth it or not worth it.

I want a second/backup device and I have a LG G6 in sealed box but I am debating between keeping it or selling it for $400 and buying a G5 for $200 (or something similar, cheap but still high end and great)

Currently I have an iPhone 6s as second device but being iOS is not compatible with a lot of apps and it is annoying that I cannot do a lot of things I can with my main device. For example I use a calculator emulator almost on a daily basis or another example is I wouldn't be able to restore a lot of backup stuff such as whatsapp to the iPhone if something happens to my main device.

Thank you!
    05-16-2017 09:04 PM
    Worthy for sure in my opinion.

I think the G5 was a solid phone that preformed well. The G6 on the other hand...

Battery life is much better.
    Build quality is excellent
    Performance is top of the line
    Aspect ratio you either like or you don't and I love it

It just seems like LG nailed it this time around.

The G5 is a good phone and if money is a deciding factor go with it. Personally I think the G6 is worth the extra.
    05-16-2017 10:11 PM
    Worthy for sure in my opinion.

I think the G5 was a solid phone that preformed well. The G6 on the other hand...

Battery life is much better.
    Build quality is excellent
    Performance is top of the line
    Aspect ratio you either like or you don't and I love it

It just seems like LG nailed it this time around.

The G5 is a good phone and if money is a deciding factor go with it. Personally I think the G6 is worth the extra.
    Thank you!
    05-16-2017 11:11 PM
    It's such a tough call. I own the G5, tried the G6 for 1/2 price from AT&T and loved it, then went back to the G5 because the differences weren't important enough for me for the price. The G5 still rules but so does the G6. Hope that helps.
    05-16-2017 11:24 PM
    Wife loved the G5.. got her hands on a G6 and forgot about it
    ffejjj likes this.
    05-17-2017 12:24 AM
    Wife loved the G5.. got her hands on a G6 and forgot about it
    Thank you!

It is definitely better, there is no doubt at all, but at $200 vs $400 is it worth the difference?
    05-17-2017 09:20 AM
    Thank you!

It is definitely better, there is no doubt at all, but at $200 vs $400 is it worth the difference?
    Way better battery life, better build quality, water and dust resistant, no removable battery if that is a problem.. better screen, better viewing angles in the sun.. better DAC for listening to music with head phones.. better camera.. but ultimately it's what you decide. I think it's a way better device overall, and the G5 wasn't even bad.
    05-17-2017 10:04 AM
    Way better battery life, better build quality, water and dust resistant, no removable battery if that is a problem.. better screen, better viewing angles in the sun.. better DAC for listening to music with head phones.. better camera.. but ultimately it's what you decide. I think it's a way better device overall, and the G5 wasn't even bad.
    I agree totally. For me it's worth the money
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    05-17-2017 10:37 AM
    Absolutely. I had the G5 last year and mostly liked it. The awful battery life broke me eventually and I traded it. The always on display is much better, bigger and brighter on the G6, water resistance, better wide angle camera, and the vastly improved battery life are all the reasons I need for the G6 to be a better for me this year
    05-18-2017 02:12 PM
    G5 to G6 similar to a 2 year upgrade. (i.e. S5 to S7)

I couldn't wait to trade in my G5 for this. I don't miss that phone at all.

G6 is awesome.
    05-23-2017 09:22 AM