Did my daughter compromise my LG G6s waterproofing?

A

AC Question

Hello everyone. This may sound extremely silly, but let me start at the begining. I bought a brand new LG G6 for myself, as for an upgrade over my old Huawei P8. I inserted my nano sim, turned the phone on, did the whole fresh start thing, and had to leave for a couple of seconds to get something from the other room. As i got back, i noticed that my daughter (4yo) got to the phone and started pinching the top microphone whole with the sim needle. I dont know if she did any damage. I checked the mics by recording, covering each one and whispering very delicately into each of them, and they both work fine. But, what about the waterproofing? Has she, possibly, done any damage? If i try to put the needle in there, It does go in almost all the way before stopping on something ( im not pushing it, just letting it go in freely ). on the bottom mic, it stops freely somewhere right before the middle. I appreciate all the help. Thanks if advance plus I apologize for my bad english. Cheers from Poland.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Nah the only thing she might have done was puncture the speaker membrain. You may have noise canceling issues in the future.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Definitely need to see a detailed teardown to be sure.
That said, the mic hole is tiny. I wouldn't worry about it in the rain or something similar, however it may be something of concern if you actually plan to or are afraid of accidentally submersing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma