Smart Lock doesn't always work

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that i have a few trusted places, etc. setup and yet it doesn't stay unlocked.

I use mine mostly with my smartwatch as a trusted device so don't get many chances to see if my trusted places work all the time. When it doesn't work for you is it after a short time or long time since you last used the phone? The reason I ask is because Smart Lock only works if you've used the phone within the last 4 hours then you have to use a pin to start over. This happens to me every morning when I get up and have to start the say using a pin code

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I use mine mostly with my smartwatch as a trusted device so don't get many chances to see if my trusted places work all the time. When it doesn't work for you is it after a short time or long time since you last used the phone? The reason I ask is because Smart Lock only works if you've used the phone within the last 4 hours then you have to use a pin to start over. This happens to me every morning when I get up and have to start the say using a pin code
I use my phone all the time lol.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
From my experience on my G3, Smart Lock location lock is hit or miss plus sometimes it just plain wouldn't engage. Definitely a software issue for that device (that meaning my own) because updates over the last couple years would either mess it up or fix it. I haven't tried it on my G6 for this reason, plus the FP sensor is very convenient. I just use on-body and connected devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781