any dreaded boot loop issues with the LG G6?

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Well it just happened to me also this week, got my g6 in march when it was first released. Have received a few updates over the months but 3 days ago I woke up and saw a android update available so I installed it. After phone powered down and tried to restart it's stuck in a constant reboot. Took the phone back to sprint store and of course that can't do anything with it. Contacted LG and they said to send it back and they will repair it, 2 weeks minimal. So from what I've read so far throughout this forum is that everyone who has gotten the boot loop problem all received a update prior to the loop. I must say this needs to be addressed as this is not a one time event apparently.

It's all over the Web, I hate it because LG doesn't seem to be getting something right! Year after year they continue to be stubborn, then the recent case status on the previous bootloop class-action is worrisome - hard to stand by a company who doesn't stand by their customers

pixyra

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi all.

I bougt the G6 EUR version and no problems until now. Any ideea to recover the data from the G4? i put in a freezer (cause of the boot loop issue) and it last no more then 4 min...havent time to recover all data. Thank you.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
maybe I was a lucky one but I never had the bootloop issue with my G4. I did , however, gave up when the G4 would overheat with simple tasks, bogged down, stuttered, or freeze up completely. but the G6 I've had since May 28 from AT&T is smooth as butter and no issues yet

pixyra

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I used to let the phone in sunlight perhaps that s the reason it goes into boot loop...friends of mine whou bought the phone earlier then me have no problmes yet. Perhaps the heat time is the problem that lead to that issue.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Went to Verizon store yesterday and every G6 there was hot while plugged in, every other phone in the store all plugged in were cool. Gave me more concerns.
Yeah mate but those phones are on charger 24/7 until they completly go off sale.. And it's hard to belive that the g6 was the only hot one..

I too went to store to check g6 before i bought it and yeah the phone was hot. But phones in stores are always on charger, and always run demo videos so the screens are always on aswell with max. Brightness ofc it would be hot. 😁

My g6 is at lets say 32 is average temeperature of the phone when i put him on charge. During the charging it goes up to 36, but after i remove him from charging the temperature was never over 35. In celsius, you have idk kelvins, fahrenheit. So if i am correct 35 celsius is 95 fahrenheit. Srsly i use phone during hot sunny days and it doesn't go above 38 celsius, and temperatures here in croatia. I mean currently it's 11:45 a.m. and it's already like 33 celsius. So when i'll be going home ti will probably be somehwhere between 35-40. And the G6 performes awesome unlike the G3 who was in my pocket on this kind of sunny days, on standby with temperature of 44+ celsius or if you want 110+ fahrenheit.

Update see

feafbb1b904a435224d06c0b54c8fd6c.jpg

Last edited:

nahlartemisdelphis

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
yep, our g6 is stuck in the endless bootloop. tried "factory reset" and it didn't help. it's only about 2 months old. no free replacement, i have to pay the $150 for a refurb from asurion. i don't even want another LG phone now. boooooooooooooooooo LG you are not cool..

nahlartemisdelphis

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
that is exactly what happened to my phone. installed the update then it got stuck in endless loop. what contact info did you use for LG, if I may ask for that favor? thank you!

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
yep, our g6 is stuck in the endless bootloop. tried "factory reset" and it didn't help. it's only about 2 months old. no free replacement, i have to pay the $150 for a refurb from asurion. i don't even want another LG phone now. boooooooooooooooooo LG you are not cool..

that is exactly what happened to my phone. installed the update then it got stuck in endless loop. what contact info did you use for LG, if I may ask for that favor? thank you!
You're still covered under the one year factory warranty that your carrier would take care of and send you a new device at no charge.

Neil Corcoran

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Hey all :) I'm currently looking at getting an lg g6 but the infamous boot loop is slightly scary. My question! Are US versions much different to Eu versions (I'm from Ireland btw). All of the bootloops ive ever heard about are all from the US but I've never actually heard of a boot loop in Ireland or the Eu! So should I be worried about getting one? Thanks in advance everyone!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey all :) I'm currently looking at getting an lg g6 but the infamous boot loop is slightly scary. My question! Are US versions much different to Eu versions (I'm from Ireland btw). All of the bootloops ive ever heard about are all from the US but I've never actually heard of a boot loop in Ireland or the Eu! So should I be worried about getting one? Thanks in advance everyone!

Get it. The phones great.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Eu version has no "special features" like wireless charging and quad dac is worth the same price so if you're gonna buy one get a u.s or asia version (wireless charging or quad dac) it's a great phone but if you're stuck with eu version i don't think it's worth the money tbh.

Integrazimmy

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
That is, if the claim is even real at all! I find that people will lie about things like this just to hate on LG. The Bootloops with G5 and V20 were very minimal. The G6 has had none at all. I'm very happy with my G6.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That is, if the claim is even real at all! I find that people will lie about things like this just to hate on LG. The Bootloops with G5 and V20 were very minimal. The G6 has had none at all. I'm very happy with my G6.

You're right. Sometimes you'll get trolls on forum sites or websites in general who may try to do these things. I've seen nothing of the G6 having any bootlooping issues. It definitely sounds like a good phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've heard overall​ positive reviews from G6 users in the forums - the device seems to have good longevity.

It's hard to gauge user satisfaction during Release Seasons for new flagship phone releases, though - some users who switch often, for example, will put down their G6 for a Pixel 2 XL, or a Note 8. But that is characteristic with any device across the board; as upgrading to the latest model is dependent up on the users' buying habits and need to try something new, IMO (not necessarily because their prior phone wasn't satisfactory).

If you want a G6, go for it! It is probably one of the most underrated phones of the year; and it still performs well today. I've seen some good reviews on it.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had my G6 for just over 6 months, no issues at all.

My son ended up getting one back in August when Best buy offered them for $120 ($5/mo for 24 months). Yesterday he was trying to install latest firmware from Sprint that included the November security patch, but instead got the dreaded bootloop. Called Sprint, tried to reset pressing power and volume down button, but splash screen blinked several times, and then showed this screen.

Sprint referred me to LG, and now his phone is on its way to Fort Worth for repair/replacement. I had the doomed G4 and went through 3 devices with the dreaded bootloop issue, but this is the first I've heard of any issues with the G6. 20180106_103359_HDR-1.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21