I'm on T-Mobile and jump every six months or so. Currently I have the V20 and I'm considering the G6. Anyone makes this jump yet? I'm unsure if it's a comparable choice? Thanks everyone!
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    05-22-2017 07:58 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and jump every six months or so. Currently I have the V20 and I'm considering the G6. Anyone makes this jump yet? I'm unsure if it's a comparable choice? Thanks everyone!
    I did on day one and don't regret it. The screen size is practically the same . The drop off is in the audio quality of the headphones. There's no hi dac in the g6. The camera is better on the G6 and the battery is actually really good
    Hasbrobot likes this.
    05-22-2017 08:42 PM
    I noticed the screen size is similar. Aren't they the same measurements though? I never really used the quad DAC so I'm good with that. You don't happen to miss your V20 or the second screen?
    05-22-2017 08:51 PM
    I noticed the screen size is similar. Aren't they the same measurements though? I never really used the quad DAC so I'm good with that. You don't happen to miss your V20 or the second screen?
    I think I actually prefer the AOD
    Hasbrobot likes this.
    05-22-2017 08:55 PM
    I think I actually prefer the AOD
    That's good to hear, thank you for your help. I was concerned actually because I was wondering if the AOD showed less info.
    05-22-2017 08:58 PM
    There are things you can do with the second screen that you can't do on other phones regardless of AOD
    Hasbrobot and Jeremiah Bonds like this.
    05-22-2017 09:05 PM
    The AOD doesn't have programmable shortcuts but I don't really use those much either, mostly the flashlight.
    05-22-2017 09:10 PM
    Thank you for your input guys!
    05-22-2017 09:15 PM
    The AOD doesn't have programmable shortcuts but I don't really use those much either, mostly the flashlight.
    Yeah it was cool that you can control things on the phone from the second screen, but I mainly used it for notifications.. Ultimately it's your choice. I think my favorite thing is the visibility in direct sunlight.
    Hasbrobot likes this.
    05-22-2017 09:52 PM
    Yeah it was cool that you can control things on the phone from the second screen, but I mainly used it for notifications.. Ultimately it's your choice. I think my favorite thing is the visibility in direct sunlight.
    It's more visible in direct light outside? Man the V20 is so difficult to see outside.
    05-22-2017 10:01 PM
    It's more visible in direct light outside? Man the V20 is so difficult to see outside.
    Yeah, go check one out at the t mobile store and hold it too..
    Hasbrobot likes this.
    05-22-2017 11:13 PM
    Yeah, go check one out at the t mobile store and hold it too..
    Going to check one out tomorrow. Thanks again for all of your assistance. 😊
    05-23-2017 03:48 AM
    I switched and I am loving the G6. Was never a big fan of the 2nd screen and I always use Bluetooth headphone so losing the DAC wasn't an issue either. I like the narrower body.
    Jeremiah Bonds and Hasbrobot like this.
    05-23-2017 01:51 PM
    One of the best second screen features is not getting interrupted during incoming calls if you are using the phone for something unless you want to answer it
    Hasbrobot and GrooveRite like this.
    05-23-2017 04:22 PM
    I did and honestly I would say its a draw but I am liking the size and battery life and waterproofing on the G6. But features that still goes to v20 .
    05-23-2017 08:51 PM
    I did and honestly I would say its a draw but I am liking the size and battery life and waterproofing on the G6. But features that still goes to v20 .
    Waterproof. This. I didn't have the V20, but this is my first waterproof phone, and being able to work on my swimming pool without any fear whatsoever is exhilarating. Never realize how much I worried about things like that until i now no longer have to worry.
    Hasbrobot likes this.
    05-23-2017 09:44 PM
    Yeah the water proofing has proved to be a lot more useful than I thought.
    05-23-2017 09:46 PM
    My wife and I both jumped into the g6 last night. So far I'm liking it very much. Thank you all for your input.
    05-28-2017 09:07 AM
    My wife and I both jumped into the g6 last night. So far I'm liking it very much. Thank you all for your input.
    Tell us what you are liking about it?
    Hasbrobot likes this.
    05-28-2017 12:38 PM
    Waterproof. This. I didn't have the V20, but this is my first waterproof phone, and being able to work on my swimming pool without any fear whatsoever is exhilarating. Never realize how much I worried about things like that until i now no longer have to worry.
    I love my G4 and definitely miss the buttons on the back of the phone. I guess I was one of the lucky ones and never experienced the boot loop problem. But I must say once I picked up G6 and actually played with it I knew this phone was for me. And now with summer coming up and my nephews (10 and 8) coming to visit for the summer I can take pictures of all the water activities without worrying about bricking my phone.
    05-29-2017 07:03 AM
    Tell us what you are liking about it?
    The build quality is superb. It's strange the phone seems much smaller but the the screen size on the v20 was 5.7 as well. So far I'm very glad we made the jump, it's proven to be an enjoyable phone so far.
    Jeremiah Bonds and tn_friend like this.
    05-29-2017 09:43 PM