Love the looks of this phone, i want to upgrade to it except for one major thing

Speccers

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the US, so that 32 gigs of on board storage is killer for me. I have an s7 Edge right now and have less than 20% free. I don't have any games on it, just tons of apps I use regularly enough that I don't like reinstalling them.

That quad dac/64gig version in asia would be perfect.

GRRRR... SD card storage is not adoptable on this phone is it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The SD is not adoptable out of the box. I think ADB commands can change that though. Out of curiosity, can you show a screenshot of your storage stats?

Speccers

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I may anyway, just cuz I can get it cheaper than my s7 edge, although I will lose my yearly upgrade option. and with only 32 gigs on board that worries me.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yeah, I just gutted a bunch of my lower used apps so I'm up on like 24% free right now.

https://goo.gl/photos/Vi2MUfuk5rENiHM66

You might save some space by shifting to LG. I think their version of Android is a little lighter. 12 GB of Apps though; What are the biggest offenders? I'm not saying to ditch them...merely curious.

Otherwise, your biggest consumer of your storage is the system. On my 32 GB Pixel I only have 5.xx GB for the system (this is only to illustrate how much extra stuff is in Samsung's version of Android).

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya. I don't use alot of apps, but I take alot of photos and videos. Saving them to internal storage over the SD card works much better for me. Luckily, my remaining 16 gigs is enough to snap away and hold on to them until I get back on wi-fi.

64GB should be the standard for flagships.

Speccers

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
audible and google play music are the only ones over 1 gig. Strangely they are both set to store on my SD card, not sure why they show using so much internal storage.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
audible and google play music are the only ones over 1 gig. Strangely they are both set to store on my SD card, not sure why they show using so much internal storage.

Are your songs downloaded? Do you have a plan that is streaming friendly?

posman53

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Why not take advantage of Google Play Photo? Uploads everything there and you can delete them from the G6 to free up space.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My internal storage is 64GB with Tmo. I thought US has the 64 GB version.

Did you install a 32GB SD Card by chance? I just picked up a G6 today and installed a 32GB SD Card I had lying around before I activated it. Then as I was browsing through the menus I saw "Storage 11.71 GB used of 61.71 GB". I did a double-take at first, but realized it was combining my 32GB SD Card with the 32GB internal memory and just displaying the total on the settings menu. Once I clicked on the memory, I saw it was divided between Internal and SD.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the US, so that 32 gigs of on board storage is killer for me. I have an s7 Edge right now and have less than 20% free. I don't have any games on it, just tons of apps I use regularly enough that I don't like reinstalling them.

That quad dac/64gig version in asia would be perfect.

GRRRR... SD card storage is not adoptable on this phone is it?

Iam in india and using the 64gb version with hifi dac...u can buy this version from ebay and many other sites...but make sure all bands are there to use in the states