Brightness in Sunlight - Tip

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I realized that a lot of people don't realize this, but if you have your phone brightness on auto, in direct sunlight it gets brighter than if you put it on 100%. LG has this technology that pushes the brightness PAST 100% when needed, but only if you're using auto screen brightness.

Just a tip.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I realized that a lot of people don't realize this, but if you have your phone brightness on auto, in direct sunlight it gets brighter than if you put it on 100%. LG has this technology that pushes the brightness PAST 100% when needed, but only if you're using auto screen brightness.

Just a tip.
Yep. Samsung has this feature as well. It's good to get the extra boost so you can see it with ease.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
yeah man. I realized that people might not know this, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

Definitely not a bad idea. That is why I was confused when I had my G6 and people said it was hard to see in sunlight. I am in the sun everyday at break / lunch and always able to see it without issue.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Definitely not a bad idea. That is why I was confused when I had my G6 and people said it was hard to see in sunlight. I am in the sun everyday at break / lunch and always able to see it without issue.

Lol true. I can see it most of the time without even having it on 100% or auto. haha

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The downside is the auto brightness is usually too low in most "normal" conditions, or at least for my eyes.