Best buy deal. Get a G6 for less than 300 bucks

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Will be a couple of years before this thing drops below what I paid for it...LOL

So you are returning the G6 or the iPhone 6s plus?

I don't know! LOL. I have a 6S PLUS that I got from eBay but am returning it (mywit, terrible seller). I like the 6S Plus, but I know the LG is a newer device (vs 2015) but the iPhone is smooth and I have family and friends using iMessage. However, we use WhatsApp as well. It has been driving me crazy on what I should do.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well that is different... LOL

SOme people love Apple some love Android... It is really up to you, but this is an android site, so you know what (most) everyone over here favors...LOL

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Ordered on Sunday night, and had an expected delivery of June 1st. Got a notification yesterday that they had created a shipping label, but nothing past that until I check the tracking number today and it said they tried to deliver it today but no one could sign. Now I will be first in line at the post office tomorrow to test this thing out before work

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ordered on Sunday night, and had an expected delivery of June 1st. Got a notification yesterday that they had created a shipping label, but nothing past that until I check the tracking number today and it said they tried to deliver it today but no one could sign. Now I will be first in line at the post office tomorrow to test this thing out before work
Mine wasn't suppose to be delivered till tomorrow, called the best buy number to check status and it gives me a tracking number even though online still says preparing. I went to ups website and it says delivered, received by someone I don't know. This should be fun.

Update... A neighbor did sign for it. They brought it over at 9 tonight. What a waste of time tonight. Ups needs to start leaving a door tag stating they left it at neighbors and which one. Best buy wasn't going to be any help, 2 plus hour wait time and kept getting disconnected, best buy and Samsung must be one company.

Last edited:

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I know lol. I played with the phone a bit yesterday and I am seriously dumbfounded as to why the camera is terrible in low light? Front and back camera. It seems over processed on the front camera and gets grainy on the rear camera. I may keep the phone and just sell it later on or return it but I was a bit disappointed. The screen was amazing though but knowing that the cameras aren't that great (which is what I look for in a phone, I know everyone is different) really confuses me.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I know lol. I played with the phone a bit yesterday and I am seriously dumbfounded as to why the camera is terrible in low light? Front and back camera. It seems over processed on the front camera and gets grainy on the rear camera. I may keep the phone and just sell it later on or return it but I was a bit disappointed. The screen was amazing though but knowing that the cameras aren't that great (which is what I look for in a phone, I know everyone is different) really confuses me.

These delivery drivers should not be allowed to leave packages with neighbors. There is nothing stopping them from keeping the packages for themselves.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap, not only is the $12/mo sale over, the G6 is now back up to $28/mo at Best Buy and Verizon! Glad I found the deal when I did... I was trying to convince my sister to pick one up too but she had to think about it... now she is stuck deciding between the S8 for $31.50/mo, the G6 for $28/mo, or the S7 for $24/mo on Verizon. Either that or waiting for another sweet deal to come around.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap, not only is the $12/mo sale over, the G6 is now back up to $28/mo at Best Buy and Verizon! Glad I found the deal when I did... I was trying to convince my sister to pick one up too but she had to think about it... now she is stuck deciding between the S8 for $31.50/mo, the G6 for $28/mo, or the S7 for $24/mo on Verizon. Either that or waiting for another sweet deal to come around.

Sales are usually temporary.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know that, but it was $20/mo at Verizon, and went to $20/mo at Best Buy immediately AFTER the sale. Now up even higher to $28. Just can't figure out their sales strategy for this thing...

Is it normally $28/mo?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the deal for my daughter. At regular price I would go with the S8. The G6 is a nice phone, but the S8 wins out for me, I love my S8 plus. Think best buy has a $100 gift card on the S8 now to, which makes the decision even easier, can use it to buy accessories.

Look around, I seen online somewhere you got $200 off on the S8.

And free wireless charger

fe9485ce905d0d3e6cc63db994197209.jpg

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I say wait, Father's Day and the 4th of July are right around the corner. I would just check back at the end of each week. Good Luck

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Funny, my local Best Buy does not now and never has had a G6 on display. It has become the Samsung-Apple Store. Still a good place to buy TV's though.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I realized $28/mo was the full retail price, I just (wrongly) assumed most retailers were dropping it to not compete head to head with the S8. As much as I love my G6 so far, I realize most people will go for the S8 if the prices are similar. To frifred's point, it DOES seem like Best Buy is basically a Samsung-Apple Store now... I have never seen a G6 on display either, the only case they even had for it was an Otterbox, nestled in among the Samsung and Apple accessories... (not that I would buy a case at Best Buy, just an indication of how little they care about non-Samsung or Apple products)

Thanks to trucksmove and cthunder, I will just keep an eye out for future sales.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I would have not purchased the g6 it it were not for the 11.99 per month bestbuy deal. My note 4 is working fine still and just put in a new battery a few months ago as the original was crapping out. I was going to wait for a good sale on the s8+ or wait and see what the note 8 had to offer but this was to good of a deal to pass up.

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I would have not purchased the g6 it it were not for the 11.99 per month bestbuy deal. My note 4 is working fine still and just put in a new battery a few months ago as the original was crapping out. I was going to wait for a good sale on the s8+ or wait and see what the note 8 had to offer but this was to good of a deal to pass up.

I agree with you, I STILL love my G4 and if it weren't for the deal I wouldn't have jumped it until after the V30 or the next Pixel came out. I have absolutely no regrets jumping on the deal.

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Just checked again, and it's now down to $9.99 24 month DPP on Sprint at Best Buy! I wonder if this price confirms the imminent release of the LG G6 Pro (Snapdragon 835 processor perhaps?)

Decisions decisions...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech