Dropped Signal

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife has had an issue of going to use her phone and not having a signal (or a very weak 1x). I'll be right next to her with my Droid Turbo and have 4G, and she'll have 2 bars of 1x. Putting the phone in and out of airplane mode or rebooting corrects the issue (it eventually will clear up on its own, but times vary).

Anyone else run into this issue?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
My wife has had an issue of going to use her phone and not having a signal (or a very weak 1x). I'll be right next to her with my Droid Turbo and have 4G, and she'll have 2 bars of 1x. Putting the phone in and out of airplane mode or rebooting corrects the issue (it eventually will clear up on its own, but times vary).

Anyone else run into this issue?

Get a new sim from your carrier and see if that fixes it.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
You're not alone. For me I get dropped call once or twice. Switch two new sim card and factory reset.

If this won't fix the problem. I'll get replacement. This problem happened after first updated​, T-Mobile.

Technical rep. mention they're doing tower update in my city.

jaydubbs

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
On Verizon, happening to both my wife and I. Dropping calls where our previous phones didn't have any trouble before. I just read about S8 owners having this same issue on Verizon and disabling HD voice stopped the dropped calls. Trying it to see if it doesn't help.