I won a VZW G6, but I'm with At&t.....

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Will the VZW model have full functionality on At&t or will there be limitations? If so, anyone have any ideas how to swap it for an At&t model other than selling it and using the money to buy another for my network?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It would work but I believe it is missing one of their LTE bands so it wouldn't be able to take full advantage.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Reach out to the person/company that you won it from and see if there is a way to switch it out to another carrier.

Act quick, you might be within the return period.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It would work but I believe it is missing one of their LTE bands so it wouldn't be able to take full advantage.

This is what I've been trying to decipher. Verizon shows it lacking band 12 or 17. Those are the important ones for ATT. Yet other sites have those bands being supported by it.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Reach out to the person/company that you won it from and see if there is a way to switch it out to another carrier.

Act quick, you might be within the return period.

I would, but I believe VZW was one of the sponsors, hence them giving away that model.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I would, but I believe VZW was one of the sponsors, hence them giving away that model.
I gotcha. Doesn't hurt to call your carrier and see if they can make a special exception. People jump between carriers all the time and trade in their used phones. Explain the situation to a higher level of customer support or type up a nice letter. If that doesn't work, reach out to LG. The bottom line is that you want to use an LG product and continue using AT&T.

It's not like you're asking them to give you something for nothing. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2