Do LG phones get regular software updates?

panand75

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I'm on 7.0 Nougat with security update as of 1st March. No updates so far and lot of negative feedback on the web on this aspect.. and wondering if LG will ever move to Android O?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never gotten regular updates with any brand but I'm with VZW. You want updates buy a google phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm on 7.0 Nougat with security update as of 1st March. No updates so far and lot of negative feedback on the web on this aspect.. and wondering if LG will ever move to Android O?
What carrier? I'm on April's security update which is pretty common for the big brands.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Coming from a LG G3 on Verizon, I've gotten updates roughly every 3 months or so, and already had one on my G6 for the April security patch. Hopefully the trend continues.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've never gotten regular updates with any brand but I'm with VZW. You want updates buy a google phone.

Blackberry are also very committed to updates. Every month around the 10th or earlier in the month, updates get pushed to devices. 😃 That's one of the reasons I have stayed with them. Some people on Rogers already have the 'June 5th' security patch.

With regards to LG, the G3, G4, G4 Stylus, G5, G6, V10, V20, CK, G Stylo all have been given the thumbs up for the 'May' security patch. Just depends on when your carrier releases it to you 😃

Source:
https://lgsecurity.lge.com/security_updates.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2