got my free TV today 😤

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Good old delivery trucks. My friend works at UPS.. he tells me how some of the workers just chuck things into trucks.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
yeah, ups is coming to get it tomorrow and I sent the email to LG so we'll see how painful or painless the process is. and I understand it's just a free TV but it's something I was really looking forward to now for 2 months, so I was pretty disappointed

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
yeah, ups is coming to get it tomorrow and I sent the email to LG so we'll see how painful or painless the process is. and I understand it's just a free TV but it's something I was really looking forward to now for 2 months, so I was pretty disappointed

Hope everything gets sorted out quickly. 😃 I'm sure it got damaged while being transported to you and hopefully LG will replace quickly. Let us know how it goes.

If you want, can you send a picture of the new TV all working?

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hope everything gets sorted out quickly. 😃 I'm sure it got damaged while being transported to you and hopefully LG will replace quickly. Let us know how it goes.

If you want, can you send a picture of the new TV all working?

Sure! I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I'd be really mad, even though it's a complimentary item to a phone purchase.

I don't get why people working in the postage industry don't treat stuff like this carefully. I've seen a case where an iPhone 7+ arrived burnt in its box with an obvious impact mark.

I mean, just treat the stuff like you would your own. Who knows what's in it. It could probably be something really expensive that either the manufacturer or courier company really doesn't want to compensate for if it is mishandled.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I'd be really mad, even though it's a complimentary item to a phone purchase.

I don't get why people working in the postage industry don't treat stuff like this carefully. I've seen a case where an iPhone 7+ arrived burnt in its box with an obvious impact mark.

I mean, just treat the stuff like you would your own. Who knows what's in it. It could probably be something really expensive that either the manufacturer or courier company really doesn't want to compensate for if it is mishandled.

It is because people are lazy sob's now a days and people are raised to have no respect or moral values. If I would of acted like the kids do now when I grew up, I would of got my *** beat.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It's not that. Places like UPS/Fedex ship about 120 packages per driver per day. Thats about 16 million packages a day. Probably more now as that data is 4 years old. The note 7 had a 0.01 % failure rate. Things happen. I don't know what you do for a living but I have a feeling that you don't have a perfect record. Saying that kids today are " lazy sob's now a days and people are raised to have no respect or moral values" is like telling your kids that doing exactly the same things you did when you were young are wrong and you would never do them.

On to the TV. That sucks. That is why when I open a fragile package I do it asap so I can flag the driver down. I once received a package that had a giant hole in the side and no part. I had fedex tell me that it was my fault, even the driver told the manager it was like that before it was delivered.

I run a local delivery company and the horror stories I hear about the big companies is amazing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

What's worse is hidden damage from being dropped that doesn't rear its ugly head until further down the road.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
yeah there was 2 guys one handed me the thing to sign while the other put the TV on my deck, by the time I handed it back to him and turned around to see the box there they were pretty much already pulling away.