Rogue app installations

guitarmageddon

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I noticed ES explorer flagged today it scanned the installation of eBay, hotels, Yelp, and a few other apps....only problem is I didn't download those. Was there some update that forced these through ? I checked for malware with Verizon, and malware bites, got nothing. Also scanned with air push, got nothing. Any thoughts??

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I dropped ES File Explorer at least six months ago because it began installing more and more stuff I didn't want or ask for... Check the Play Store reviews.

Using FX File Explorer these days.

guitarmageddon

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I dropped ES File Explorer at least six months ago because it began installing more and more stuff I didn't want or ask for... Check the Play Store reviews.

Using FX File Explorer these days.

Oh I didn't mean that es itself did it, es flags whenever there are file system changes. That's just what indicated to me what was installed

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed ES explorer flagged today it scanned the installation of eBay, hotels, Yelp, and a few other apps....only problem is I didn't download those. Was there some update that forced these through ? I checked for malware with Verizon, and malware bites, got nothing. Also scanned with air push, got nothing. Any thoughts??

Going into settings/application manager/3 dot menu/system apps...then disable DT Ignite. It allows verizon to install bloatware on your device anytime they like. That could be what happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781