G6 Halted?

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
best buy stores can no longer order the phone. their system literally won't let them. online store only has a few left in stock. are they trying to phase it out already? just concerned if they found out something is wrong again. i got one from the half off sale at best buy but the screen has this odd darkish area on the screen that reminds me of a smudge but it's not. tried to get it replaced but they literally can't get one anymore. now i'm wondering if i should keep it. it's $300. maybe it's worth keeping just to try it? i don't know.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
My local best buy just got some in on Wednesday. I know because they were unloading them while I was there. Have you called a different store?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
they looked at every store in california and none were in their system.
Which network? Maybe there is a delay for one SKU. When I look online it shows immediate availability in California stores for AT&T and unlocked versions. Out of stock for Sprint.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
they looked at every store in california and none were in their system.

Im going to guess you're on Verizon? I wonder if Verizon is pulling out to focus on the S8 and upcoming Pixel 2.

West LA, Culver City, Glendale, Hawthorne, Woodland Hills, Northridge, Topanga, Montebello, Porter Ranch, Downey, Torrance, Lakewood, Signal Hill, Cerritos and Santa Clarita.

Those are all the stores that show stock of the Platinum AT&T. Those and more stores have Sprint versions. Black hasnt really been stocked at Best Buy stores since release. They seem to have focused on the platinum and left black for online orders.

Which network? Maybe there is a delay for one SKU. When I look online it shows immediate availability in California stores for AT&T and unlocked versions. Out of stock for Sprint.

I found a ton of platinums for Sprint.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
best buy stores can no longer order the phone. their system literally won't let them. online store only has a few left in stock. are they trying to phase it out already? just concerned if they found out something is wrong again. i got one from the half off sale at best buy but the screen has this odd darkish area on the screen that reminds me of a smudge but it's not. tried to get it replaced but they literally can't get one anymore. now i'm wondering if i should keep it. it's $300. maybe it's worth keeping just to try it? i don't know.

I doubt they found something wrong. I wouldn't worry about it. If you like they phone, keep it.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
If theres an issue with your phone Id go straight to LG and have them do a warranty exchange. Should have any issues.

i bought it new so i want a new phone. going through warranty will give me a used "refurbished" phone. i don't want that. the issue isn't really big. it's not even noticable unless the screen is displaying all white which is when i noticed it. and even then it's hardly noticeable. had to convince the store people that it was even there.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
i bought it new so i want a new phone. going through warranty will give me a used "refurbished" phone. i don't want that. the issue isn't really big. it's not even noticable unless the screen is displaying all white which is when i noticed it. and even then it's hardly noticeable. had to convince the store people that it was even there.

If you go through LG they will most likely repair it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith