T-Mobile May 15th update issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Just got off phone with*LG and*TMobile**there is a KNOWN issue with the G6 they are being mum about - and reason why all devices haven't got the latest update #H87210h*and why it was halted @ #H87210e*and why oTA or lg bridge won't give u the latest BUG FIXES and SOftware stability update! But they want "me" *to spend my $ LOL - the resolution was TBD they don't know when the update will come....TRASH

I guess Bootloop is real, cracked camera, cracked back, just all cracked up. LOL argh - JAy Z...ONtoThENextONe

I shouldn't have to pay $50 return stock fee when my device software isn't stable, I don't have access to the latest update posted on your website and when I ask for clarification I get ambiguous responses! I don't even know if the latest update would cure my issues. This is trash

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got off phone with*LG and*TMobile**there is a KNOWN issue with the G6 they are being mum about - and reason why all devices haven't got the latest update #H87210h*and why it was halted @ #H87210e*and why oTA or lg bridge won't give u the latest BUG FIXES and SOftware stability update! But they want "me" *to spend my $ LOL - the resolution was TBD they don't know when the update will come....TRASH

I guess Bootloop is real, cracked camera, cracked back, just all cracked up. LOL argh - JAy Z...ONtoThENextONe

I shouldn't have to pay $50 return stock fee when my device software isn't stable, I don't have access to the latest update posted on your website and when I ask for clarification I get ambiguous responses! I don't even know if the latest update would cure my issues. This is trash
What's the issue?

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
cracking anything on the device is almost always negligence. You can't seriously blame it on the manufacturer. and my G6 has been in tip top shape since I got it. if you're having software issues, either factory reset the phone or go through warranty

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Wait, what's your question?
What issues are you having? Are you saying you have bootloops? Are you saying you cracked all the glass on your phone? Honestly, your original post is kind of all over the place so we aren't really sure what the issue is.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
My phone received the May 15 update and I haven't noticed a single problem. My camera lens is in tip-top shape - not a single scratch. It's been wrapped in a Spigen Tough Armor case since day 1, so I'm not particularly worried about cracked backs (or cracked anything, for that matter). I mean, the phone is covered in glass, so it's inherently fragile. Did the OP not realize that?

Regardless, I have no complaints so far. It's the best Android phone I've ever owned, and I've owned lots of 'em!

hoytbowhunter

Trusted Member
May 8, 2016
Visit site
Not all Nexus or LG devices. The V20 and G6 have no widespread reports of any bootloops. In fact I've yet to see any reports of a G6 bootlooping.

Older Nexus and LG devices had issues.
I edited my post cause it sounded like all phones were and I didn't mean that so sorry for the confusion. I'm a BlackBerry Guy, just own a lot of phones but only use BlackBerry. No trouble here 👍😎

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
the latest update for T-Mobile did cause devices too bootloop or what a general consumer might say it just stopped working, they go return it and go about their day. they aren't on forums or YouTube. When neither LG or T-Mobile can't explain to me why some have access and some dont...............and they don't know when it's gonna be resolved, all they could say is its a known issue. As far as negligence sure, I'm talking about the reviews of people saying it cracked unexpectedly in a case out of case etc. idk would **** me off to have the camera lens crack.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
the latest update for T-Mobile did cause devices too bootloop or what a general consumer might say it just stopped working, they go return it and go about their day. they aren't on forums or YouTube. When neither LG or T-Mobile can't explain to me why some have access and some dont...............and they don't know when it's gonna be resolved, all they could say is its a known issue. As far as negligence sure, I'm talking about the reviews of people saying it cracked unexpectedly in a case out of case etc. idk would **** me off to have the camera lens crack.

Interesting.....you are the only one with this information about the update causing issues and T-Mobile let you in on it. Can you post any real sources about this?

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Interesting.....you are the only one with this information about the update causing issues and T-Mobile let you in on it. Can you post any real sources about this?

Real is relative....

If you want to contact T-Mobile, review the plethora of reports on Reddit, Amazon, other forum sites, etc. There have been people who have reported that the updated caused their device to fail, bootloop, etc. One even said tech support told him not receiving texts was an early indicator there was gonna be an issue etc. The truth doesn't need to be validated by ignorance....

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Real is relative....

If you want to contact T-Mobile, review the plethora of reports on Reddit, Amazon, other forum sites, etc. There have been people who have reported that the updated caused their device to fail, bootloop, etc. One even said tech support told him not receiving texts was an early indicator there was gonna be an issue etc. The truth doesn't need to be validated by ignorance....

Again, there is no proof this is a widespread problem. Going to the sites you mention comes up with nothing of this update issue you claim is widespread. All we are asking for is more of a hard evidence of this being a widespread issue. More than it happened to you. It's not ignorance if we are looking for more info/evidence. If it's a common problem, a Google search will show it. People love to complain.

One even said tech support told him not receiving texts was an early indicator there was gonna be an issue

The text comment throws me off. How is not receiving text an early indicator of the update problem? Doesn't the phone not boot after the update is applied? The two issues doesn't go together.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Real is relative....

Why would I want to contact Tmoblie? I'm a Verizon customer.
Not receiving texts could be a prelude to almost anything.... And your statement about truth and ignorance doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.