07-06-2017 06:02 PM
43 12
tools
    Now why do people have to be like this? If you go over to the S8 forum you see nothing of the type. Come on dude, be better than that.
    You see a lot. Just browse the forum. I had a S8+ and there is a lot of issues that get posted. Can't say it's a higher percentage than LG, but it's more reported likely due to substantially more phones sold.
    06-28-2017 07:56 AM
    Just the top of the page at S8/S8+. A lot more if you keep scrolling. So let's not attack somebody because they make a statement. You like Samsung and that's cool, so do I. Just not the S8 series.
    06-28-2017 07:59 AM
    Just the top of the page at S8/S8+. A lot more if you keep scrolling. So let's not attack somebody because they make a statement.
    First off, that was not an attack. Second, a quick scroll of this forum shows about the same number of threads asking about issues.

And no, I don't "like" the S8 anymore than I "like" the G6. They are phones, and as I stated in the beginning, both are good phones with no real issues to date.
    06-28-2017 08:10 AM
    There's been some big S8 issues that has been fixed with updates.. like the red tint.. that would have made me mad if i saw that.
    06-28-2017 07:07 PM
    Now why do people have to be like this? If you go over to the S8 forum you see nothing of the type. Come on dude, be better than that.
    Bro iam saying what iam seeing...G6 forum compares to s8 more issues in s8 than g6...i have nothing personal against the s8 its a fab phone just not for me
    06-29-2017 05:39 AM
    the thing that keeps me away from LG devices is usually after a year they start freaking out... has happend with the g2,g3 and def the g4... I can't trust a brand that has been subpar.
    06-29-2017 10:14 PM
    the thing that keeps me away from LG devices is usually after a year they start freaking out... has happend with the g2,g3 and def the g4... I can't trust a brand that has been subpar.
    Ok.. well just last year Samsung had a snafu with their devices..

The G6 is covered for two years under warranty
    jtcannonball likes this.
    06-29-2017 11:37 PM
    There's been some big S8 issues that has been fixed with updates.. like the red tint.. that would have made me mad if i saw that.
    Is that "cured" now? I thought it was a hardware issue.
    07-02-2017 04:53 PM
    Is that "cured" now? I thought it was a hardware issue.
    The whole screen being red was fixed. The edges having a red tint has been "somewhat" fixed. They added the ability to adjust the edge warmth. It seems it's mainly due to the curve on the glass and the light hitting it. Since they used more red in the color of the screen that's what shows in the glare. I had it on one and it wasn't terrible but don't have it on my current one.
    07-02-2017 09:11 PM
    I got a flagship phone for $99. It has glass and metal build, IP68 rating, passed 810G military standard testing, microSD expansion, QC 3.0, USB-C, beautiful 5.7" QHD almost bezel-less display, fingerprint sensor, wireless charging, wide angle front and rear camera lenses, Google Assistant built-in, and 2 year warranty. Which phone did I get for $99? Not even a choice here.
    07-02-2017 11:19 PM
    I find it funny how people have to justify their purchase by bashing other phones. Both the G6 and S8 series are great devices. You really cannot go wrong with either one. I have the S8+ and I love it. I played with the G6 and it seems great. I just picked what I liked slightly more.

As far as the S8/S8+ forum having posts about issues....when you sale as many phones as Samsung does, you will have issues and unfortunately people only post the negative.
    vwite likes this.
    07-04-2017 03:32 PM
    I find it funny how people have to justify their purchase by bashing other phones. Both the G6 and S8 series are great devices. You really cannot go wrong with either one. I have the S8+ and I love it. I played with the G6 and it seems great. I just picked what I liked slightly more.

As far as the S8/S8+ forum having posts about issues....when you sale as many phones as Samsung does, you will have issues and unfortunately people only post the negative.
    Good post. I've had both Samsung and LG phones over the years, more LG lately though. The S8/S8+ are great (great) phones. I love LG but there is a reason Samsung is always the top-seller. For me though, I got 3 new G6 phones for $99 each (after carrier promos and credits). I own them outright and seriously only paid that amount each. I would never pay $600-$800 for a phone, I don't care if it's Samsung or LG. So when i look at my G6 and how much I paid for it, I just smile LOL.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-04-2017 04:31 PM
    Good post. I've had both Samsung and LG phones over the years, more LG lately though. The S8/S8+ are great (great) phones. I love LG but there is a reason Samsung is always the top-seller. For me though, I got 3 new G6 phones for $99 each (after carrier promos and credits). I own them outright and seriously only paid that amount each. I would never pay $600-$800 for a phone, I don't care if it's Samsung or LG. So when i look at my G6 and how much I paid for it, I just smile LOL.
    Yeah because they have dump truck levels of money for advertising.
    07-04-2017 04:32 PM
    I find it funny how people have to justify their purchase by bashing other phones.
    lol I see this all the time in different forums
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-04-2017 05:41 PM
    Bro iam saying what iam seeing...G6 forum compares to s8 more issues in s8 than g6...i have nothing personal against the s8 its a fab phone just not for me
    Samsung has sold like 4 times the amount of S8 phones to the G6. Of course they're going to be more issues posted. Those of us happy with our phone aren't gonna post 25 happiness threads.

Come on now, use some common sense.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-05-2017 09:43 AM
    Samsung has sold like 4 times the amount of S8 phones to the G6. Of course they're going to be more issues posted. Those of us happy with our phone aren't gonna post 25 happiness threads.

Come on now, use some common sense.
    True, a larger quantity of items in a sample means you'll statistically hear more about any issues with that particular item. However, the question is, how many of those issues are unique issues? Comparing the number of unique issues, is it a 1:1 ratio? What are the severity of said issues for each? These are the types of things to take into consideration when qualifying a statement like that.
    07-05-2017 09:53 AM
    In the G6 there is no full screen with cropping option when watching YouTube videos. I don't like the black bars.
    07-06-2017 04:37 PM
    I don't even see the black bars. Lol
    07-06-2017 06:02 PM
43 12