LG G6 or S8 Plus? pros and cons

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The G6 is substantially more consistent. I could bank on 6 1/2 hours screen on time. The S8/S8+ fluctuates alot more, sometimes by over an hour.

Sadly I have given up my G6 as of a couple hours ago. One of my employees had his phone and other stuff stolen over the weekend so Ive given him my G6.
Wow that's very nice of you.. good man.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
They are both very nice phones with no real gotchas surfacing to date.

Play with both and see which one you like more.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
its been 2 months with my G6 ...phone is very solid and battery life is superb...get around 2 days with 6 hrs Sot...and i love the dual cameras...very happy with my decision choosing G6 over the s8...if u see s8 forums there are lot of bugs...and defects

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a huge issue with wander lust. But I can't break away from my G6. It just works great, takes excellent photos and is buttery smooth. Battery life is great and the flat screen is a huge bonus for me. FPS sensor is in a well thought out location unlike the Samsung and overall it's a wonderful phone that checks far more boxes for me than any other phone at this time.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Now why do people have to be like this? If you go over to the S8 forum you see nothing of the type. Come on dude, be better than that.

You see a lot. Just browse the forum. I had a S8+ and there is a lot of issues that get posted. Can't say it's a higher percentage than LG, but it's more reported likely due to substantially more phones sold.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Just the top of the page at S8/S8+. A lot more if you keep scrolling. So let's not attack somebody because they make a statement. You like Samsung and that's cool, so do I. Just not the S8 series.
cd022f02dc27497bd8a5e828257ff19a.jpg

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just the top of the page at S8/S8+. A lot more if you keep scrolling. So let's not attack somebody because they make a statement.

First off, that was not an attack. Second, a quick scroll of this forum shows about the same number of threads asking about issues.

And no, I don't "like" the S8 anymore than I "like" the G6. They are phones, and as I stated in the beginning, both are good phones with no real issues to date.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Now why do people have to be like this? If you go over to the S8 forum you see nothing of the type. Come on dude, be better than that.

Bro iam saying what iam seeing...G6 forum compares to s8 more issues in s8 than g6...i have nothing personal against the s8 its a fab phone just not for me

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
the thing that keeps me away from LG devices is usually after a year they start freaking out... has happend with the g2,g3 and def the g4... I can't trust a brand that has been subpar.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
the thing that keeps me away from LG devices is usually after a year they start freaking out... has happend with the g2,g3 and def the g4... I can't trust a brand that has been subpar.
Ok.. well just last year Samsung had a snafu with their devices..

The G6 is covered for two years under warranty

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Is that "cured" now? I thought it was a hardware issue.
The whole screen being red was fixed. The edges having a red tint has been "somewhat" fixed. They added the ability to adjust the edge warmth. It seems it's mainly due to the curve on the glass and the light hitting it. Since they used more red in the color of the screen that's what shows in the glare. I had it on one and it wasn't terrible but don't have it on my current one.

lightrules

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I got a flagship phone for $99. It has glass and metal build, IP68 rating, passed 810G military standard testing, microSD expansion, QC 3.0, USB-C, beautiful 5.7" QHD almost bezel-less display, fingerprint sensor, wireless charging, wide angle front and rear camera lenses, Google Assistant built-in, and 2 year warranty. Which phone did I get for $99? Not even a choice here. :D

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I find it funny how people have to justify their purchase by bashing other phones. Both the G6 and S8 series are great devices. You really cannot go wrong with either one. I have the S8+ and I love it. I played with the G6 and it seems great. I just picked what I liked slightly more.

As far as the S8/S8+ forum having posts about issues....when you sale as many phones as Samsung does, you will have issues and unfortunately people only post the negative.

lightrules

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I find it funny how people have to justify their purchase by bashing other phones. Both the G6 and S8 series are great devices. You really cannot go wrong with either one. I have the S8+ and I love it. I played with the G6 and it seems great. I just picked what I liked slightly more.

As far as the S8/S8+ forum having posts about issues....when you sale as many phones as Samsung does, you will have issues and unfortunately people only post the negative.

Good post. I've had both Samsung and LG phones over the years, more LG lately though. The S8/S8+ are great (great) phones. I love LG but there is a reason Samsung is always the top-seller. For me though, I got 3 new G6 phones for $99 each (after carrier promos and credits). I own them outright and seriously only paid that amount each. I would never pay $600-$800 for a phone, I don't care if it's Samsung or LG. So when i look at my G6 and how much I paid for it, I just smile LOL.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Good post. I've had both Samsung and LG phones over the years, more LG lately though. The S8/S8+ are great (great) phones. I love LG but there is a reason Samsung is always the top-seller. For me though, I got 3 new G6 phones for $99 each (after carrier promos and credits). I own them outright and seriously only paid that amount each. I would never pay $600-$800 for a phone, I don't care if it's Samsung or LG. So when i look at my G6 and how much I paid for it, I just smile LOL.
Yeah because they have dump truck levels of money for advertising.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Bro iam saying what iam seeing...G6 forum compares to s8 more issues in s8 than g6...i have nothing personal against the s8 its a fab phone just not for me

Samsung has sold like 4 times the amount of S8 phones to the G6. Of course they're going to be more issues posted. Those of us happy with our phone aren't gonna post 25 happiness threads.

Come on now, use some common sense.