I'm back on the G6 bandwagon

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Not that I ever really left for any bad reasons. Just still liked my G5 and didn't feel the need to upgrade. Anyway, bought my kid a G6 on that 1/2 off AT&T deal and he decided to stick with his S7 because he didn't want to bother transferring his old stuff over. So I'm keeping it since the 14 day return window has passed.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Kids... Know what I mean?

I don't .. since I don't have any but .. I do have a nephew. I just bought him the new iPad (5th gen - 2017) and added him to my Verizon plan so he has unlimited data now. In the past I would have never thought I would do something like that lol.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
yeah G6 is a great phone. enjoy your new device...well i just discovered how to add volume control on notification panel...if any one needs info will be happy to help

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
welcome back. it looks like you're the winner in this deal. I didn't realize transferring stuff over was such a task.

kids these days.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
When I went back to the G5 I said I didn't really care about a waterproof phone that much. Well this weekend I built a deck and my phone was covered in sawdust and dirt so I just rinsed it in the sink. It was pretty awesome lol.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
When I went back to the G5 I said I didn't really care about a waterproof phone that much. Well this weekend I built a deck and my phone was covered in sawdust and dirt so I just rinsed it in the sink. It was pretty awesome lol.

Lol yep i felt the same way until actually doing it.

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm still too nervous to get any device wet regardless to the technical aspects

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
So I'm keeping it since the 14 day return window has passed.

Sometimes things are meant to be 😃 The upgrade from the G5 to the G6 is pretty big on the design department so will almost feel like a completely different phone.

Moving over all my apps, SD card, settings and themes from one device to another is always a pain so it's probably why I only upgrade every 2 - 3 years. Anyway, hope you enjoy your lovely G6! Make some jokes to your child about how you can't find the bezels and you think you've lost them haha 😃

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes things are meant to be 😃 The upgrade from the G5 to the G6 is pretty big on the design department so will almost feel like a completely different phone.

Moving over all my apps, SD card, settings and themes from one device to another is always a pain so it's probably why I only upgrade every 2 - 3 years. Anyway, hope you enjoy your lovely G6! Make some jokes to your child about how you can't find the bezels and you think you've lost them haha 😃

I find it easy to move stuff over from phone to phone.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I think its not a good idea to move everthing from your old phone to new..i just copy my contacts thats it...its better to start fresh with new phone...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think its not a good idea to move everthing from your old phone to new..i just copy my contacts thats it...its better to start fresh with new phone...

I almost always download all of my previous apps and such. Any important pictures I have are usually stored elsewhere (ie, Facebook); but I can Bluetooth them/email them to myself if need be. I agree with you: I love starting fresh with a new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36