06-16-2017 01:20 PM
42 12
tools
    Security Software updates are overrated
    Not to people who care about them. I say Quad DACs are overrated but I am sure you would disagree :P.
    06-15-2017 04:05 PM
    If you concerned about security updates get a pixel or a blackberry. But I agree, they are over rated and even BlackBerry has missed a few.
    06-15-2017 04:12 PM
    Not to people who care about them. I say Quad DACs are overrated but I am sure you would disagree :P.
    That's my opinion based on the fact that I've never had an issue with slow security updates causing me grief and I've been through some really slow updates. Someone else may have other experience and wants their updates right away, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I've course I would disagree with Quad DACs being regarded as overrated, however i have no issue with someone who does. That's a personnel choice. I have different appreciation for sound then the average person.
    Some people buy a smartphone for its camera, I don't...you might. Again, personal choice.
    mitul_mehta likes this.
    06-15-2017 04:23 PM
    That's my opinion based on the fact that I've never had an issue with slow security updates causing me grief and I've been through some really slow updates. Someone else may have other experience and wants their updates right away, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I've course I would disagree with Quad DACs being regarded as overrated, however i have no issue with someone who does. That's a personnel choice. I have different appreciation for sound then the average person.
    Some people buy a smartphone for its camera, I don't...you might. Again, personal choice.
    And I agree .. But the thread is obviously about wanting the updates so to the OP and others .. it isn't overrated .
    06-15-2017 04:26 PM
    And I agree .. But the thread is obviously about wanting the updates so to the OP and others .. it isn't overrated .
    Right.... And his first post the OP asked in the very first post if anyone was slightly concerned. My first response was not all.
    06-15-2017 04:39 PM
    The reason I asked was we heard about a camera update released in Asia shortly after the release of the phone but I haven't seen an update regarding the camera yet. Then I realized we were still on Aprils security even though it's been quite a while since we got that update. LG stated in 2015 they would do monthly updates so we should have seen May by now.

Since we haven't seen any updates in what seems like a really long time, are we going to be delayed substantially in getting at least 7.1.1 and possibly Android O.

The security updates don't concern me that much but the lack of even those does.
    mesocyclone30 likes this.
    06-15-2017 06:17 PM
    The reason I asked was we heard about a camera update released in Asia shortly after the release of the phone but I haven't seen an update regarding the camera yet. Then I realized we were still on Aprils security even though it's been quite a while since we got that update. LG stated in 2015 they would do monthly updates so we should have seen May by now.

Since we haven't seen any updates in what seems like a really long time, are we going to be delayed substantially in getting at least 7.1.1 and possibly Android O.

The security updates don't concern me that much but the lack of even those does.
    I can understand people worrying about security updates. I don't recall how many I've gotten since Verizon release but it wasn't that many. I'm sure we will get another one soon.
    06-15-2017 06:49 PM

I wouldn't have too much faith. I mean I hope LG proves me wrong .. But if we are going off a quote from 2015 and seeing how the updates are already slow .. well I think it is safe to say they aren't holding themselves to their work.
    06-15-2017 06:50 PM
    Maybe there's no security issues to issue a patch for. 👍. A lot of paranoia and distress on something that to me is just a big who cares.
    06-16-2017 12:46 AM
    Maybe there's no security issues to issue a patch for. 👍. A lot of paranoia and distress on something that to me is just a big who cares.
    If you read what I posted, it's not about the security patches.
    06-16-2017 06:20 AM
    Im just kinda shocked that Samsung has gotten the May and June (Unlocked versions) out and we havent heard a word from LG. I thought we were supposed to see an update dedicated to the camera as well.
    I didn't they were updating the camera. Do you know what they were trying to fix in the camera?
    06-16-2017 07:40 AM
    I didn't they were updating the camera. Do you know what they were trying to fix in the camera?
    They only thing I remember seeing from the article when it released in Asia was "camera enhancements".
    06-16-2017 07:45 AM
    Here it is.

LG G6 Gets Better With Refreshed Update in Korea

LG G6 OTA update rolling out in Korea with improved camera quality, better touch performance and more – The Android Soul

This was released more than 2 months ago in Korea but we havent seen anything here. This is pretty much the reason for the thread. If we're staying 2 months behind on security updates (almost 3 months now), how long will it take to get the updates that actually improve the phone?
    emscapt47 and mesocyclone30 like this.
    06-16-2017 09:02 AM
    Here it is.

LG G6 Gets Better With Refreshed Update in Korea

LG G6 OTA update rolling out in Korea with improved camera quality, better touch performance and more – The Android Soul

This was released more than 2 months ago in Korea but we havent seen anything here. This is pretty much the reason for the thread. If we're staying 2 months behind on security updates (almost 3 months now), how long will it take to get the updates that actually improve the phone?
    I lost my head for a moment. I was taking about the V20.
    06-16-2017 09:51 AM
    Maybe there's no security issues to issue a patch for. . A lot of paranoia and distress on something that to me is just a big who cares.
    There is one -- every month. Lol XD
    06-16-2017 10:02 AM
    There is one -- every month. Lol XD
    Yeah, missing a single patch might be a "meh" thing to some people, but most companies are 2-3 months behind consistently on multiple devices. I don't actually understand why some people don't care about security, but that is one of the biggest deal breaker issues out there for me. If the company doesn't care about security, most other things that they're doing really don't matter much.
    06-16-2017 10:06 AM
    The unlocked G5 rs988 just recieved to the May patch a few days ago. At one time it was almost 6 months between updates before they sent the 7.0 upgrage with april patch in early May so you arent too behind.
    06-16-2017 01:20 PM
42 12