07-12-2017 08:57 AM
41 12
tools
    I signed up from mine and got an email that said that they are reviewing my application for approval. Well I don't use a keep my phone's this long this LG G6 maybe the first exception. Worst case scenario is I have a warranty for longer than I'll have the phone which is fine by me.
    06-18-2017 09:28 AM
    I'm Canadian but I purchased an unlocked US model online. Would mine be covered under this warranty?
    Its a US warranty so it should be covered
    06-18-2017 11:54 AM
    I registered on Saturday, and my confirmation arrived today. Not bad!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-19-2017 07:58 AM
    Hopefully this will extend to Canadian carriers, as well. I would for sure take advantage of a two year insurance on a G6.
    06-19-2017 07:16 PM
    Aside from the 15% of us 1% that discuss our phones online, I am pretty positive that the general population keeps their phones for two years or longer.
    That's a good point, but I wonder how many of the "regular" phone buyers (non-AC readers) actually even know about this and will sign up. Will LG reach out to them personally? I haven't received anything.
    06-20-2017 12:33 AM
    That's a good point, but I wonder how many of the "regular" phone buyers (non-AC readers) actually even know about this and will sign up. Will LG reach out to them personally? I haven't received anything.
    It would make sense for them to advertise it just like car manufacturers talk about their warranties.
    06-20-2017 05:26 AM
    They are advertising this on their facebook and their website
    06-20-2017 04:24 PM
    I registered my verizon g6 last night that i bought when bestbuy had the memorial day sale. It was instantly approved for the 2 year warranty.
    06-27-2017 07:36 AM
    Dumb question: If they really cared about their customers and wanted to stand behind their product, why not just implement the 2 year warranty for everyone and not force you to have to register? That way they could just advertise the 2 year warranty and not have to setup a system to record who had registered and who hasn't?
    06-27-2017 07:49 AM
    Dumb question: If they really cared about their customers and wanted to stand behind their product, why not just implement the 2 year warranty for everyone and not force you to have to register? That way they could just advertise the 2 year warranty and not have to setup a system to record who had registered and who hasn't?
    Maybe so they can gather data and also only offer the feature to original owners perhaps?
    06-27-2017 10:02 AM
    That was my whole issue too. Because of the way they implemented this, there will be many many more people that don't register who are eligible than there are that do register. Just seems a shame for the few non tech nerds that never knew and the thing bootloops happens 15 months in and they are out of luck.
    beagle82 likes this.
    06-27-2017 10:53 AM
    That was my whole issue too. Because of the way they implemented this, there will be many many more people that don't register who are eligible than there are that do register. Just seems a shame for the few non tech nerds that never knew and the thing bootloops happens 15 months in and they are out of luck.
    It may have to do with updated warranty booklets. All those G6's shipped with 1 year in the documents, maybe they want customers to know the new terms and the only way they could notify them is through registration.
    07-01-2017 06:28 PM
    I registered when it first came out and haven't hear squat from them. I'll try again.
    07-02-2017 05:56 AM
    I bought my daughter's G6 on April 8th and just got around to registering. I had the confirmation email within 10 seconds
    07-11-2017 09:16 PM
    Yeah, it annoyed me to have to register, but I think it has a lot to do with data collection (few people actually register their purchases and this is an enticement to do so). Not sure if this program really is in response to anything or if it was just a marketing plan whose time had come.

And also it makes sure they only have to honor the extra warranty on phones bought from authorized retailers, and maybe original owners too, which I think is perfectly reasonable.
    07-12-2017 08:53 AM
    Please let us know if there are any rumours of Canadians getting the same deal!
    07-12-2017 08:57 AM
41 12