G6 "2nd Year Promise" [Free Extra Year Warranty]

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing and creating a thread for discussion. It is also posted on the front page of AC.

I am excited for LG and owners of the G6. This 2nd year promise emphasizes their commitment to making sure customers are satisfied. This offers an extended period of assurance that if ANY issues regarding craftmanship/hardware failure and software are covered.

Based on this offering, I would strongly consider future LG phones.

A 1 year warranty on a phone that most US carriers encourage people to have for 2 years is silly. I'm glad LG did this.

lightrules

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I didn't see anything about whether their warranty is transferable (in case of selling it). Any confirmation either way? I assume it isn't.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, this definitely makes me feel even happier that I went with the G6 over the S8 when I changed carriers. Honestly, I have always felt much more relaxed and at ease with LG phones and equipment. I just recently had a two year old blue ray player from Sony crap out. I've got a five year old blue ray from LG that works flawlessly.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
This is some great news 😃 Gives me a lot more confidence in LG products if they back theirs. Hopefully going forward, they can continue to do with with future devices.

"Enjoy the same coverage as our first-year manufacturer’s limited warranty for an additional 12 months"

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Aside from the 15% of us 1% that discuss our phones online, I am pretty positive that the general population keeps their phones for two years or longer.

I might keep my V20 for 2 years if I see nothing exciting in the V30.
I like the latest and greatest, but I'm not going to jump for the next shiny new toy if what I have works fairly well.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Aside from the 15% of us 1% that discuss our phones online, I am pretty positive that the general population keeps their phones for two years or longer.

You're probably right, and I agree with Mike Dee... If the v30 doesn't really WOW me, I'll be sticking with what I've got. I got my G2 out of my desk drawer today, and let it update, and was amazed at how fast and smooth it still runs, on lollipop, even.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You're probably right, and I agree with Mike Dee... If the v30 doesn't really WOW me, I'll be sticking with what I've got. I got my G2 out of my desk drawer today, and let it update, and was amazed at how fast and smooth it still runs, on lollipop, even.

One of my friends at work is using his daughters Iphone 4S. Before that he had a flip phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Good on LG to do this -- it will help people at ease with "boot loops" in the news about them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante