Waiting for 3rd Lg G6

russ351

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
I love LG phones. Had a G4. Have a V10, G5, and G6. All Verizon. Love the form and function of the LG's. Not liking the lifespan of the G6 so far.

My 1st G6 lasted 1 day. Bought it. Spent the hour or 2 setting it up. Set the alarm to wake in the morning. When I woke up late the next morning the phone was off and would not turn on with or without charging cable. Brick.

Best Buy replaced it. 2nd phone lasted almost 30 days. Began giving notification buzz with a flashing USB trident symbol in the upper left corner and when the AOD was active. Restarted phone in safe mode. Same issue. No debris in USB C port. Plugged phone in to charger to see if it made a difference, and got a "charging blocked, moisture detected" message. Interesting in that the phone has never even been on a wet counter top. Sweaty front pocket, yes. Actual water, no.

Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm, as I actually do really like this phone.

I thought it somewhat humorous/interesting that the day it failed, LG doubled the warranty life on the phone.

Just thought I'd give a heads up. Maybe find out if these phones are having other issues, or if I'm just getting lucky.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm...sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. the G6 is a great device. I hope your replacement device works better than the first two.

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Yikes! I don't think I can stomach a refurbished unit - please just give me my $ back - I'll carry a 4G flip-phone with a Chromebook instead

russ351

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
As long as it's under warranty, and my backup G5 doesn't die, I'm good. Although, I may have to voice my displeasure a little louder to LG if it continues to happen.

I had to chuckle though. I received my replacement this morning, opened up the FED EX box, and staring up at me was a refurbished......LG G5. WTH. Taking another trip to the Verizon store to let them sort it out.

At this point, I'm just laughing....and so are the phone gods apparently.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As long as it's under warranty, and my backup G5 doesn't die, I'm good. Although, I may have to voice my displeasure a little louder to LG if it continues to happen.

I had to chuckle though. I received my replacement this morning, opened up the FED EX box, and staring up at me was a refurbished......LG G5. WTH. Taking another trip to the Verizon store to let them sort it out.

At this point, I'm just laughing....and so are the phone gods apparently.

Make them give you a new one for the inconvenience

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power