I love my new G6 and want to protect it. I've been looking through all the case suggestions and it looks like the best ones have a very rugged, masculine look to them. And color selection is very limited. I don't really want a black or grey case. I'm very partial to purple. I'm seeing a rose gold option in a lot of the cheaper cases out there. A bit pastel for me but I could deal with it in a decent case. Which ones of these seem to have the most color options? What cases are your wives and girlfriends getting for their G6? I don't have to have purple but something other than black, please?

Also, I purchased the Ailun glass screen protector for my phone. It has 9H hardness and doesn't say how thick it is. It comes with stickers to put down to use as handles for placement, and also has a "dust collector" for each of the 3 pieces in the box (essentially a sticky surface to move around pickling up stubborn dust particles. There's also an alcohol wipe and dust cloth for each piece in the box. I've had the glass on my phone for a week. It's very smooth and responsive. It doesn't change the look of the display at all, and I can't see any fingerprints. It isn't cut to exactly the size of the top of the phone. It's less than a mm but there is some wiggle room for putting the glass in the right place. I had to mess with mine to get the cutouts in exactly the right place because if you go by the edge of the phone they are a little off. Now that I have the glass on the phone the lower left corner has lifted a little bit. I'm not sure if that's my error, maybe not adequately getting rid of dust, or a problem with the screen's adhesive. I got these from Amazon for under $10. There are 3 pieces in the box.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-18-2017 07:34 PM
    Hi! Nice to see you pick up a G6, it's a fantastic phone. I Traded my S8+ in for one and have not looked back. I'm currently using an old G5 case that I have. It's an OtterBox Commuter series. I know what you mean about finding a good, solid case other than a black or a grey one. Unfortunately it seems that the iPhone tends to get a lot of the more unique colors than other Android smartphones. I bought my wife a pink and purple OtterBox Symmetry case for her iPhone 7. All I can say is look on Amazon, as most stores rarely have decent cases in store and you'll likely pay an arm and a leg if you do but one in store.

Brands I have used and swear by include OtterBox, Spigen, Incipio, Tech21. I think Spigen has blue and teal or gold colored cases and their rugged armor series is fantastic. As for your screen protector, it sounds like an application issue. Definitely make sure you clean your screen off really good and only remove the plastic from the adhesive side of the protector when you're ready to apply it to the phone. Make sure you smooth those edges out really good. It's always a good idea to wait at least a day to let the adhesive fully settle into the screen, before you use a case no matter how minimal.

Hope this helps and congrats again on picking up a kick-*** phone.
    06-18-2017 08:13 PM
    Amazon has a good array of cases that you should be able to find something that suits you. My wife has a Kate Spade case that she's gotten a ton of compliments on. It's black, though, with gold trim.
    shadokat_ph and JHStewart1023 like this.
    06-18-2017 08:48 PM
    Anything in here that looks like something you're looking for? I can't speak to the brands, I've always been partial to Ringke, OtterBox, and Spigen but as noted they didn't have purple. I bought a Ringke Fusion Mirror in rose gold for my wife, pink isn't her color but she really likes it.
    shadokat_ph likes this.
    06-18-2017 11:38 PM
    First of all, Fret Madden what a beautiful array of purple cases you found for me! I'm going to look them over. Maybe I'll find a good one without needing more advice.

Perhaps I should have been a bit better at explaining myself. I did look on Amazon and have purchased a pretty teal case for $3.99. But it's a cheap offshoot from China and I'm concerned about keeping my expensive new phone in one piece. I carry my phone in my purse and it gets jostled around a lot, and I've been known to drop a phone or two. I saw your thread on GOOD cases - cases that you know will take care of your phone if something happens. Looking them over I found that most of them tend to be black or grey, and I was hoping that you knew whether any of those great brands made a case that wasn't black.

Nubwy, thanks for the advice on the glass. I wiped it twice with the alcohol wipe and cleaned it a few times with the dust cloth before I applied the glass. I also went over it more than once with the sticky designed to lift stubborn dust. But as I said, it doesn't fit perfectly and I had to lift it a couple times to put it in the right place. Aligning it perfectly with the edge made the cutouts at the top slightly off. I did put the case on right away. The lift in the corner is tiny now but I know it will increase with time. Good thing I have two more glass pieces.

Thanks all of you for your replies. I really appreciate your taking the time.
    Nubwy likes this.
    06-19-2017 06:25 AM
    Hello! I definitely get what you're saying. Being a girl myself, I sometimes find that some cases often lack in colour or in style. As other users have stated already, Amazon has a great selection of cases. I'd root around there. Also, Caseology does make cases for LG products. I haven't looked on there of late - perhaps they've added more feminine-looking cases.
    06-19-2017 07:39 AM
    The downside to phone cases is sometimes the materials used aren't friendly to things like adhesives. So it's not like you can take a boring case and glue some of those plastic jewels or something.

Although as I was typing that last statement, @Morty2264 or @shadokat_ph, I am curious if you took a case, and applied some of that spray adhesive, and then covered it in glitter? You would want every bit of what you sprayed covered so that the case doesn't feel tacky when you are done. You could go as far as using a stencil, spraying the glue, and then covering it with glitter.
    07-02-2017 09:17 AM
    LG G6 / LG G6 Plus Case, Ringke [FUSION MIRROR] Bright Reflection Radiant Luxury Mirror Case [Drop Protection / Shock Absorption Technology][Attached Dust Cap] - Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N13U4WK...cUvbUpU5871084
    07-02-2017 01:49 PM
    The downside to phone cases is sometimes the materials used aren't friendly to things like adhesives. So it's not like you can take a boring case and glue some of those plastic jewels or something.

Although as I was typing that last statement, @Morty2264 or @shadokat_ph, I am curious if you took a case, and applied some of that spray adhesive, and then covered it in glitter? You would want every bit of what you sprayed covered so that the case doesn't feel tacky when you are done. You could go as far as using a stencil, spraying the glue, and then covering it with glitter.
    Glitter? No... I don't want a black case but glitter ain't my thing. Nor are plastic jewels. But thanks for the interesting suggestion.

All I want is a case that will protect the phone well, but with a design or a nicer color.
    07-03-2017 07:07 AM
    I rock the Kate Spade case. love them
    07-14-2017 04:08 PM