Do you actually use the waterproof feature?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I think I look at it differently because I keep insurance that covers water damage on all my phones. Without that fallback, I may think differently.

The only phone Ive ever destroyed in water was the S7 active and that ws due to Samsungs faulty seals which they warrantied.

I dont see an issue with anyone taking it in a pool or shower or rinsing it off in the sink as long as theyre aware of the consequences if something fails. Im ok with those consequences so I tend to be a bit harsh on my phones.

hoytbowhunter

Trusted Member
May 8, 2016
Visit site
I've got plenty of phone so one gets wet I got another one to use.. 👌 👍 😁
04a6ea87aa6d374b9c689107c5a49a40.jpg

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
i have used my phone in the sea..and it did get slap by the waves many times..after i was back in my room i just rinsed it under the tap water and everything was fine...i would use the phone in the pool and stuff and take undef water pics

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i have used my phone in the sea..and it did get slap by the waves many times..after i was back in my room i just rinsed it under the tap water and everything was fine...i would use the phone in the pool and stuff and take undef water pics

Doesn't the chlorine damage the phone?

sayefhussain1

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Waterproof or water resistent - this is worthless feature. If the phone ever gets soaked, just drain the water completely and dry it fully before turning on the set; and you are done!

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Waterproof or water resistent - this is worthless feature. If the phone ever gets soaked, just drain the water completely and dry it fully before turning on the set; and you are done!

Hahahha bro there is world of a difference a phone with water resistant phone and a phone with no resistant

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah if only life worked like that .. too bad it doesn't xD

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If I had a water resistant device, I'd still try and protect it from water as much as possible - any test its limits or push your luck?! But I'd most likely just use it in the rain. But if I'm honest, I'd rather have the removable battery. But I understand that water resistance is a priority for many users.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I take my s8 in the pool all the time. My gear s hot damaged in the pool a couple of times and i had no problem getting a new one from T-Mobile, for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz