LG package disabler

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I am using the AT&T one also. Wonder what's different.
Just out of curiosity did you use the -d option to adb? I think that gives the adb shell additional permissions and I did not think to try it.

Nope. I just ran "adb shell" to get my prompt then the PM command.

anon(10258037)

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
Anyone use this app at all? I've used debloater in the past and the adb shell to get rid of some of that stubborn bloatware that can't be disabled from the apps menu. This app looks decent. It's 99 cents but could be worth it if I don't have to type all those shell packages one by one.

Hey man, have you tried the app? it works?

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
what else have you disabled and how is your battery life compared to before you disabled

Carrieriq, quick memo, everything AT&T that can't be normally disabled like remote support and stuff. The LG keyboard. Messaging app. I think that's it. And I've seen no difference in battery life at all but I haven't been specifically measuring. I just don't like Carrieriq and AT&T did a remote session for me once and that rep was looking through my camera and **** so I wanted to ditch that **** asap. I don't necessarily think AT&T is malicious I just don't think they know what they are doing when they write apps. I'm sure some code kiddie already figured out the insides of that app so I prefer to kill it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Carrieriq, quick memo, everything AT&T that can't be normally disabled like remote support and stuff. The LG keyboard. Messaging app. I think that's it. And I've seen no difference in battery life at all but I haven't been specifically measuring. I just don't like Carrieriq and AT&T did a remote session for me once and that rep was looking through my camera and **** so I wanted to ditch that **** asap. I don't necessarily think AT&T is malicious I just don't think they know what they are doing when they write apps. I'm sure some code kiddie already figured out the insides of that app so I prefer to kill it.
Haha I have AT&T for home internet and still don't trust them :p.

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
By the way exactly which package disabler are we discussing h"ere?

"package disabler for LGMobile" https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.lgpd.pmanager&token=iqbu__In ?

I thought I came across some other package disabler but it was not available from the play store in the US (now I can't find what it was).
I use Root Package disabler (doesn't need root dispite the name), maybe that was the one you saw mentioned?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...unsoft.rootpackagedisablerfree&token=PQ66ouuv

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I use Root Package disabler (doesn't need root dispite the name), maybe that was the one you saw mentioned?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...unsoft.rootpackagedisablerfree&token=H_oINAAz

Exactly it. Not available in my country, it says.

I tried the 99 cent one I quoted. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to work, but then I was able to use it to disable com.carrieriq.iqagent (my adb try apparently didn't work despite saying it did), the two smart cleaning entries, and at&t remote support. For some of those, I first got a toast message that it was restricted by device administrator, but then another toast saying it was disabled. Went in and verified using 3c that they are disabled.

By the way, the fiddling:

First after it downloaded its external service apk, installed it, it opened and asked for device administrator, then I just got a white screen.

Opened the main app and also just got a white screen. Tried again and it loaded the app list. So far, so good, but clicking selecting things to disable them did nothing.

Went into brevent and toggled the little "o" on these two thinking maybe brevent was killing the service. I have no idea whether the o means brevent them or not, but it must have made the difference. So hopefully people not using brevent will not have this problem.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Exactly it. Not available in my country, it says.

I tried the 99 cent one I quoted. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to work, but then I was able to use it to disable com.carrieriq.iqagent (my adb try apparently didn't work despite saying it did), the two smart cleaning entries, and at&t remote support. For some of those, I first got a toast message that it was restricted by device administrator, but then another toast saying it was disabled. Went in and verified using 3c that they are disabled.

By the way, the fiddling:

First after it downloaded its external service apk, installed it, it opened and asked for device administrator, then I just got a white screen.

Opened the main app and also just got a white screen. Tried again and it loaded the app list. So far, so good, but clicking selecting things to disable them did nothing.

Went into brevent and toggled the little "o" on these two thinking maybe brevent was killing the service. I have no idea whether the o means brevent them or not, but it must have made the difference. So hopefully people not using brevent will not have this problem.

Yea you got the right one. Something specific in this version for digging deep into LG phones. Glad you got it working.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea if this is because of what I disabled, but I woke up and my battery was at 80%.. went to sleep at like 94% after an hour of screen time. So I thought I would be screwed but now.. 5 minutes after work ended, I checked my phone at 26%.. and I've done nearly 5 hours of screen time all together..

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea if this is because of what I disabled, but I woke up and my battery was at 80%.. went to sleep at like 94% after an hour of screen time. So I thought I would be screwed but now.. 5 minutes after work ended, I checked my phone at 26%.. and I've done nearly 5 hours of screen time all together..

What have you disabled?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
What have you disabled?
Just most of the LG stuff, like calendar, message, smart cleaning.. Com. Lge stuff and TMobile stuff.. The things I don't use.. I need to do more tests as it could just be how my phone is right now, I did 10 hours of SOT a few days ago without this

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Just most of the LG stuff, like calendar, message, smart cleaning.. Com. Lge stuff and TMobile stuff.. The things I don't use.. I need to do more tests as it could just be how my phone is right now, I did 10 hours of SOT a few days ago without this

I bet it's a t mobile package. Damn carriers drive me nuts ruining a good android setup

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little lost here (it's also late here and I'm tired), so the one from the play store entitled "LG package enabler" for 99¢ works . . or is the one we can't get in the US better? If the forbidden one is better I'm wondering if I use a VPN maybe we could get it? or is the LG one fine?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little lost here (it's also late here and I'm tired), so the one from the play store entitled "LG package enabler" for 99¢ works . . or is the one we can't get in the US better? If the forbidden one is better I'm wondering if I use a VPN maybe we could get it? or is the LG one fine?

Nevermind, went back and read the previous posts after a good night's sleep, got it now . . .

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
No package disabler here yet,wasen't able to disable either quick memo or the switch app (probably a couple more i can't remember right now) still have over 24 hours with 5+ hours of sot so..... Might not even need that thing xD.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Something I disabled, I don't know what.. Had cause my overnight standby to be terrible.. I wake up and it's at 89 percent.. But.. Then it evens out as the day goes.. And I still pull over 5 hours of SOT.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance