Does anyone found a launcher for lg g6 compatible with the doble tap to lock the screen?

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, thats rigth. And because of the home button placed in the back of the device, for me it just feel weird to block using the back button. The nicest thing would be doble tap blocking and fingerprint unblocking using any custom launcher.

The home button is on the front, the round icon. The button on the back is the combination fingerprint sensor built into the power/lock button. The system allows for fingerprint unlock and double-tap to wake, I have them both enabled along with Nova Prime for my launcher and they all work fine together; double-tap to wake works normally however double-tap to lock is done from the status bar. Use direct taps to avoid activating the notification shade and moving the volume slider. It will also work with the notification shade open.

Last edited:

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the Paid version of Nova. The double tap to close is limited to to top right of the screen...whether in landscape or in portrait...whichever is top right at the time.

anon(10258037)

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
The home button is on the front, the round icon. The button on the back is the combination fingerprint sensor built into the power/lock button. The system allows for fingerprint unlock and double-tap to wake, I have them both enabled along with Nova Prime for my launcher and they all work fine together; double-tap to wake works normally however double-tap to lock is done from the status bar. Use direct taps to avoid activating the notification shade and moving the volume slider. It will also work with the notification shade open.
It seems to much trouble for me for just a simple thing as block / unblock the phone. I may have made a mistake while explaining about the home button and the back power button. My english is not so good. But I'll keep the lg launcher just because of the how quickly I can unblock and block the phone whiteout pressing the power button.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Nova doesn't do it like the stock launcher does, even with third party apps. You can still double tap the notification bar, just not the main screen.

Have to disagree with you there. I've been using Nova (paid version) and a third party app to turn off my phone for a couple years now (First on G4, now on S8+.)

I have my phone set up to turn off on a double tap of the main screen, or when I press the home button on the main screen. Works fine.

There's a bunch of "screen off" apps in the play store, a lot of them have a few too many permissions. I've been using this one the whole time as it has no permissions requirements, but it isn't available on the play store anymore afaik.

This is the one I use, if you don't have any qualms about downloading a random apk from a stranger on the interweb...

Attachments

• com.cillinsoft.scrnoff-1.apk
    20.7 KB · Views: 18

nicjimbass

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Have to disagree with you there. I've been using Nova (paid version) and a third party app to turn off my phone for a couple years now (First on G4, now on S8+.)

I have my phone set up to turn off on a double tap of the main screen, or when I press the home button on the main screen. Works fine.

There's a bunch of "screen off" apps in the play store, a lot of them have a few too many permissions. I've been using this one the whole time as it has no permissions requirements, but it isn't available on the play store anymore afaik.

This is the one I use, if you don't have any qualms about downloading a random apk from a stranger on the interweb...

Running into the same problem as other 3rd party apps... it'll lock the screen, but then use of the fingerprint scanner is blocked.

I think what most people are looking for (or at the very least, what I'm looking for) is a way to keep all the functionality of the stock launcher, meaning tap-on and fingerprint scanning, all while using a 3rd party launcher... in my case, Nova.

anon(10258037)

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site

Can you tell me the name of the app you use?

anon(10258037)

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
Running into the same problem as other 3rd party apps... it'll lock the screen, but then use of the fingerprint scanner is blocked.

I think what most people are looking for (or at the very least, what I'm looking for) is a way to keep all the functionality of the stock launcher, meaning tap-on and fingerprint scanning, all while using a 3rd party launcher... in my case, Nova.
Yes, that's it. I've been struggling with my english on many forums looking for what you just said. Can you please tell me if you find a solution?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying some lanchers lately and I liked Arrow and Evie launcher a lot. But both of them requires to press the back button to lock the phone, and for me this just sucks, so im always back to the stock launcher with the app drawer. Once you reduce the size of the icons it gets so much better to us it. But, I would like to test more launchers. Any tips?

Thanks guys

I use Nova.....double tap notification screen to close...double tap main to open. For the most part my phone closes after time out and I mostly use the finger print button.