Power button

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed that on my G6 the power button doesn't always turn the screen off when you press it, sometimes, may be one in ten, it requires a press or two more. Is this normal or a possible hardware issue? How is yours? Please let me know..

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Few, if any, things associated with phones and computers have 100% reliability. You may have not hit it right or maybe not long enough. As long as it keeps working I would just go with it, as you can't really do anything if it is a hardware failure.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I normally double tap the status bar, however I think I have noticed that a few times. First, the button sometimes seems to give slightly before pushing in all the way to activate, so it requires a firm press. Second, it's possible to press the button and rewake with fingerprint if your finger hovers at the button.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I usually double tap the screen to wake it (when it's on my desk) otherwise i either put my finger to directly unlock it or double tap it to see my lock screen (because man i love my wallpaper on there :p)

Edit: why is this thread in the accessories bit of the forums though......

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know it's not the same iteration, but my LG G4's Power button, I feel, was sometimes like this. Maybe I pressed it too fast, or it didn't register fully for some odd reason... I would say that if it's a rare or not likely occurrence, as you say, it's probably not an issue. :) Like another user stated, these things happen with technology. Odds are, something won't work 100% of the time.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed that on my G6 the power button doesn't always turn the screen off when you press it, sometimes, may be one in ten, it requires a press or two more. Is this normal or a possible hardware issue? How is yours? Please let me know..

Mine is the same. I assumed that what happens is sometimes it locks but immediately recognizes my fingerprint and unlocks again. I try to remember to use a different finger to lock :)

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, for unlock i use fingerprint and lock double tap... But power button is well built at least to me.. Though i do miss volume buttons on the back.. And IR blaster 😢

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, for unlock i use fingerprint and lock double tap... But power button is well built at least to me.. Though i do miss volume buttons on the back.. And IR blaster ??????

Same i also use knock code when it's on a table. Do miss volume on the back too though :( they felt nice tbh.

lightrules

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Normal, totally normal for the G6. I've had 3 and all 3 did the same thing. Most often works but if you don't depress completely (or if you press it even slightly to the side) it won't turn on/off.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Anyone had similar issue ? Basicly it said to me that fingerprint sensor needs to be cleaned ? Like what, how and why.. Dafaq 😂

2adc8ef01da0a98fbb71e7db3f3819ac.jpg

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
On work i wash my hands like 5-6 times a day.. So only that, maybe from dust.. And sweat, my hands are sweaty because it's very hot here.. I now took the ear cleanner put some alcohol on it and clean all over the sensor and now is fine.. Yeah maybe it's not but these red sentence says sensor needs to be cleaned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463