LG G6 a flop? Low sales?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing this either. My S8+ is buttery smooth just like my Pixel was.

Not seeing that what so ever here.

Likewise. That said .. I never had a complaint about the performance when I had the G6. Both phones ran fine. The only thing I don't do on a phone is play games (I do stream them on Twitch) so I can't comment from a gaming perspective.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 5 was not a market leader either, but it was well received by people who are a little more tech oriented. Lack of good marketing is one issue. I have yet to see a G6 commercial.

growlor

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I am actually hoping this phone is a huge flop. I currently have a LG G4 that I absolutely love (so far no bootloop issues - and keeping fingers crossed that I never get it.) The reason I chose LG over the others is that they were the last mainstream phone to offer removable batteries. If this phone is a huge hit, it is likely to send the message that nobody cares about that anymore, so I am left hoping that a manufacturer I really like hugely fails (esp before they release the V30 which is my last hope.)

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I am actually hoping this phone is a huge flop. I currently have a LG G4 that I absolutely love (so far no bootloop issues - and keeping fingers crossed that I never get it.) The reason I chose LG over the others is that they were the last mainstream phone to offer removable batteries. If this phone is a huge hit, it is likely to send the message that nobody cares about that anymore, so I am left hoping that a manufacturer I really like hugely fails (esp before they release the V30 which is my last hope.)
It looks like you're gonna be disappointed... I think the leaks kinda already implied the v30 won't have a removable battery

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Nah, that's as silly as it sounds.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

The resistance, movement, cause or whatever you want to call it to maintain relevance of removable batteries is smaller than you think. I don't think the removable battery vs non removable battery is enough to tank a device.

However, if a battery is non-removable and deemed substandard for a day's use, then yeah it could significantly hurt sales.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
The resistance, movement, cause or whatever you want to call it to maintain relevance of removable batteries is smaller than you think. I don't think the removable battery vs non removable battery is enough to tank a device.

However, if a battery is non-removable and deemed substandard for a day's use, then yeah it could significantly hurt sales.
I tend to agree. Probably not enough to be the only reason for low sales. I do believe it is one factor of the issue. Samsung stopped supporting removable batteries a long time ago. Now Samsung customers don't expect the feature. The G6 is a big change for LG customers, many felt removable batteries was a key difference between LG and Samsung. The change probably kept a number of G5 and V20 users from switching to the G6.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm a part of that movement but it's a losing battle. Sadly people prefer glass phones. If they made the G6 with same design but removable battery somehow, I'd probably already have it by now. The sealed back was a deal breaker for me, especially with average specs for a 2017 phone, didn't see anything special about the phone.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I tend to agree. Probably not enough to be the only reason for low sales. I do believe it is one factor of the issue. Samsung stopped supporting removable batteries a long time ago. Now Samsung customers don't expect the feature. The G6 is a big change for LG customers, many felt removable batteries was a key difference between LG and Samsung. The change probably kept a number of G5 and V20 users from switching to the G6.

Also probably convinced some to just get a Samsung instead since their hardware was more high end. If you're gonna get a sealed phone, might as well get the best cause you're stuck with it for a while.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the G6 and couldn't sell it fast enough. DxoMark proves why: terrible camera. LG, you are going to have to up your game to compete for my $. https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/LG-G6-Mobile-review-Punchy-pictures

LG needs to step it up and include the dual pixel technology in their next flagship. However, they are focusing on other aspects of the phone, not just the camera. My V20 takes amazing photos in certain situations (mostly outdoors and with natural lighting), however low-and indoor shots need improvement.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
TBH this is applicable to every single OEM not named Appsung.

I actually have no idea what the point is in the likes of LG, Sony and HTC even trying to crack the market. I'm damn glad they do, because I mostly love their phones and will never ever own an Appsung device.

But from these OEMs' points of view... no idea why they bother.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
It's also very disappointing that most consumers don't research or care about what phone might actuly be best for their wants and needs.

They just take the easy route. They don't do that for houses or cars...

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a part of that movement but it's a losing battle. Sadly people prefer glass phones. If they made the G6 with same design but removable battery somehow, I'd probably already have it by now. The sealed back was a deal breaker for me, especially with average specs for a 2017 phone, didn't see anything special about the phone.
I wouldn't knock it though.. I came from the V10 to the v20 to the G6.. And this device is actually the most complete.. I'm happy they added the manual video option on this version.. But as far as UI, it's the most optimized, best battery life and marginally better camera (differs per user).. So as far as specs, it might not be what everyone is doing this year but it has the same chip set as the Pixel, which I've heard from users is still smoother than the S8..

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't knock it though.. I came from the V10 to the v20 to the G6.. And this device is actually the most complete.. I'm happy they added the manual video option on this version.. But as far as UI, it's the most optimized, best battery life and marginally better camera (differs per user).. So as far as specs, it might not be what everyone is doing this year but it has the same chip set as the Pixel, which I've heard from users is still smoother than the S8..

I had the S8 Plus. Traded it for a G6. I can truly say that, IMO, the G6 is smoother that the S8 Plus. My samsung phone always had a bit of lag or was jittery in some places. But not so on the G6.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the S8 Plus. Traded it for a G6. I can truly say that, IMO, the G6 is smoother that the S8 Plus. My samsung phone always had a bit of lag or was jittery in some places. But not so on the G6.

Thanks for saying this, and I'm glad you're enjoying your new device.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
And which flagship nowdays have removable battery S8, U11, iP7, P10 ? Srsly when was the last time flagship had removable battery ? Like 2-3 yrs ago.. iphone has non removable since the first phone, and all of them are sealed.. So you will be looking for what ? G4, S5 ? Or similar flagships with removable battery.. G6 is fine phone that can work great for next 2-3 yrs.. And what about people who have low/mid range phones if they can be satisfied so can anyone.. Not like anyone uses phone for something else than surfing, social networks, youtube, mailing and stuff like that.. And beside u have 2 yrs warrinty so ? Who cares about non removable battery if you charge it correctly it can last long.
I had iphone 5 since 2012 until 2016 with original battery so.. And most of the people will not see the diffrence between sp821 and 835 so called g6 and s8, glass back is because of wireless charging.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
And which flagship nowdays have removable battery S8, U11, iP7, P10 ? Srsly when was the last time flagship had removable battery ? Like 2-3 yrs ago.. iphone has non removable since the first phone, and all of them are sealed.. So you will be looking for what ? G4, S5 ? Or similar flagships with removable battery.. G6 is fine phone that can work great for next 2-3 yrs.. And what about people who have low/mid range phones if they can be satisfied so can anyone.. Not like anyone uses phone for something else than surfing, social networks, youtube, mailing and stuff like that.. And beside u have 2 yrs warrinty so ? Who cares about non removable battery if you charge it correctly it can last long.
I had iphone 5 since 2012 until 2016 with original battery so.. And most of the people will not see the diffrence between sp821 and 835 so called g6 and s8, glass back is because of wireless charging.

Last year in October with the V20.

But I get what you're saying. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01