07-25-2017 09:42 AM
69 123
tools
    You'll be looking forever. As I've always admitted, curved screens are an aesthetic choice. Nothing more, nothing less. But there IS a benefit for those who like this design.

Think of it like food. You may asked me why I put cheese on my eggs, when salt and pepper work perfectly fine. I'll tell you I like the taste, and we never talk about it again.
    Lol, thats because I like cheese on everything.

The s8 did a much better job with the curves than the s7 edge did which is why I don't mind it. The S7 edge curves were a headache with accidental touches. I haven't had that issue with the 8 so they did a better job there. The screen also seems to be really durable so not having a screen protector has been actually refreshing.
    07-08-2017 10:58 PM
    not having a screen protector has been actually refreshing.
    Agreed. My Moto X Pure that I'm still using has never had a screen protector. Not a scratch and loving it lol
    07-08-2017 11:00 PM
    Agreed. My Moto X Pure that I'm still using has never had a screen protector. Not a scratch and loving it lol
    I absolutely loved that phone. Still one of my favorite devices.
    07-08-2017 11:02 PM
    Lol, thats because I like cheese on everything.

The s8 did a much better job with the curves than the s7 edge did which is why I don't mind it. The S7 edge curves were a headache with accidental touches. I haven't had that issue with the 8 so they did a better job there. The screen also seems to be really durable so not having a screen protector has been actually refreshing.
    lol...i eat cheese on everything as well.
    Headlandscaper likes this.
    07-08-2017 11:24 PM
    But it absolutely does, to the person who chooses it. I love the way words and images bleed off the edges of the screen. That absolutely is a benefit to me.

Just because you don't, doesn't take away the benefit for others.

As for practicality, aesthetic choices don't need it, hence my blue couch reference.
    Blue couches are so 90ish
    07-09-2017 10:16 AM
    lol...i eat cheese on everything as well.
    I feel like I'm on the food channel forum
    07-09-2017 10:19 AM
    Guys simple buy what u like..its not that other product is inferior...just like we choose our cars...as i said earlier last year s7 edge won we over G5 and this year G6 won me ovet S8...
    07-09-2017 11:45 AM
    Guys simple buy what u like..its not that other product is inferior...just like we choose our cars...as i said earlier last year s7 edge won we over G5 and this year G6 won me ovet S8...
    Exactly.... Too many find it necessary to trash what they don't buy or what they feel is a must have feature should be a must have feature for everyone. It doesn't work that way and those that can't grasp that concept should just move on.
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    07-09-2017 03:03 PM
    Guess i'm a rebel here since i kinda do miss my s8+,not for the edges though they were nice but impractical on a phone imho,i miss my 6.2 inches screen ! yes most videos were cropped but i didn't mind since i watch tv shows and they scaled great =/ bummer lg went with a small devices at that aspect ratio but overall still plenty satisfied with what lg did here.

Not much difference with the 835 performance wise though.... Good battery life (better standby than my s8+)
    07-14-2017 08:27 PM
    Those who have used both, how much difference is there between the 821 and 835?
    I had a U11 and sent it back because VZW issues. I'm wanting to replace my S7edge.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    07-16-2017 08:44 PM
    I had a U11 and sent it back because VZW issues. I'm wanting to replace my S7edge.
    I have not used both. I do have the G6 and so far it works very well with the 821. Fast, smooth and the battery lasts. A happy customer so far
    07-16-2017 09:08 PM
    There are a few people that commented in here that have answered this.
    07-16-2017 09:30 PM
    The difference would be measurable as opposed to noticeable.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    07-17-2017 08:06 AM
    Thanks that helps.
    07-17-2017 09:07 AM
    The difference would be measurable as opposed to noticeable.
    This pretty much sums it up, i've seen speed tests vs the s8 and the op5 and tldr : barely 1-2 second difference on opening some apps rest of the time it keeps up fine. The only way you're really gonna see the difference is if you do intensive gaming on your phone otherwise dosen't matter at all.

Nb: I should probably mention (if not already done) that i owned the s8+ until recently when i traded for a g6, all i'll say is that battery life wise both seem about equal even with 200Mah more the s8+ had terrible standby imho. My g6 even with wifi and sync on has no issue going into doze and using about 1% battery during the night which my s8+ didn't even with both disabled.
    07-17-2017 09:08 AM
    Good because my S7 edge is laggy as hell.
    07-17-2017 09:39 AM

Nb: I should probably mention (if not already done) that i owned the s8+ until recently when i traded for a g6, all i'll say is that battery life wise both seem about equal even with 200Mah more the s8+ had terrible standby imho. My g6 even with wifi and sync on has no issue going into doze and using about 1% battery during the night which my s8+ didn't even with both disabled.
    This has been my experience as well. I also traded my s8 plus for a G6 and I couldn't be happier. G6 performance is on par (if not better in some instances) with the s8. And I also had terrible standby battery life on the s8 plus. The curve screens got to me and they stared getting in the way of usage. I like flat screens. Plus, I like the smaller footprint of the G6.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    07-17-2017 12:28 PM
    This has been my experience as well. I also traded my s8 plus for a G6 and I couldn't be happier. G6 performance is on par (if not better in some instances) with the s8. And I also had terrible standby battery life on the s8 plus. The curve screens got to me and they stared getting in the way of usage. I like flat screens. Plus, I like the smaller footprint of the G6.
    I still kinda miss mine though
    07-17-2017 01:44 PM
    I had some worries as the S8 should have better low light camera performance.

but a friend has one and since then I'm more than happy with the G6 and no regrets at all
    07-25-2017 09:42 AM
69 123