Why hasn't DxO rated the G6 camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just as the title says.... I wonder why hasn't DxO rated the G6 camera?
The OPO5 rating came in at 87 today.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, there's something going on between LG and Dxo... They've only tested two phones, G2 and G4. Then nothing. So two full release cycles.

eneuro

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday, when they announced the OP5 score, the G6 was there as well for like 4-5 hours, then they removed it for some reason.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I gotta agree with the rating. If there was one work I could use to describe it, it would be 'inconsistent'. Good news is that inconsistent can usually be addressed in the code... if the camera can get it right one time, that should be repeatable.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I gotta agree with the rating. If there was one work I could use to describe it, it would be 'inconsistent'. Good news is that inconsistent can usually be addressed in the code... if the camera can get it right one time, that should be repeatable.
I wonder if it has to do with carrier version as well. I haven't seen a lot of TMobile users complain about the camera.

eneuro

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Thumbs down to this comment. Slanderous accusations of corruption should be made with supporting evidence.
Search the web mate. Giving 87 score for video stabilization on one plus 5 video that is like you are experiencing an earthquake and giving G6 84 should tell you enough. Also G6 came out 3-4 months ago but they post the review one day after giving its main competition at that price range a higher score? Not fishy at all.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Search the web mate. Giving 87 score for video stabilization on one plus 5 video that is like you are experiencing an earthquake and giving G6 84 should tell you enough. Also G6 came out 3-4 months ago but they post the review one day after giving its main competition at that price range a higher score? Not fishy at all.

Please prove that either LG or OnePlus 5 (or both) paid DXO for their score to be adjusted from the actual measurements. Because that's what you are alleging. Everyone who knows anything about the ratings, knows that it is a purely mathematical scaling of composite measurement results. In other words, there are no opinions in the numbers. There are opinions and analysis in the text review, but the text review does not change the actual score. So if you are going to allege corruption, you should back that up with facts, not speculation based on your own biases and external coincidence.

eneuro

May 11, 2017
Visit site
If you can't do be arsed to do a small web research where it has been proven numerous times. It's not a based speculation its the truth proven in reviews and also if you ever held both phones and used them. Not that hard to do a small search.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you can't do be arsed to do a small web research where it has been proven numerous times. It's not a based speculation its the truth proven in reviews and also if you ever held both phones and used them. Not that hard to do a small search.

What would you recommend searching for? https://www.google.com/search?q=dxomark+corruption 0 results.

Can you point to one credible source that substantiates your claim that either LG or OnePlus 5 (or both) paid DXO for their score to be adjusted from the actual measurements?

You're not even alleging the normal tune of "bias" that's easily disprovable; you're literally alleging corruption. Your accusation is not only untrue, it's absolutely ludicrous.

eneuro

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Lmao, do you use reddit, Facebook, basic social media? Guess not. And also clearly your sense of humor is out of order, LG paying dxo was sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance