Carrier Branding?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
She is a really good unboxer and reviewer. I always watch her videos. She seems pleased with the G6 which is nice because I feel she was not pleased with the G5.

Yes she is! I've watched a lot of her videos and I trust her opinions. You can tell that she knows her onions and that she is well-informed about phone features and also about what a basic consumer wants. I like how she talks about day to day use and/or how basic features operate on the phone; because I feel like a lot of reviewers don't show that basic side of a new device. She gives you an "in-hand feel" of the phone without you actually touching it, if that makes sense.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes she is! I've watched a lot of her videos and I trust her opinions. You can tell that she knows her onions and that she is well-informed about phone features and also about what a basic consumer wants. I like how she talks about day to day use and/or how basic features operate on the phone; because I feel like a lot of reviewers don't show that basic side of a new device. She gives you an "in-hand feel" of the phone without you actually touching it, if that makes sense.
I totally agree! Were it not for her review I would not be considering the G6. The only thing keeping me from pulling trigger is the VERIZON branding and 32GB internal storage being only option in US.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree! Were it not for her review I would not be considering the G6. The only thing keeping me from pulling trigger is the VERIZON branding and 32GB internal storage being only option in US.

She's great! I remember she did a segment showing her viewers whether or not her device (a Samsung, I think) would fit in her pocket. I've never seen another reviewer even think to do something like that. Such a basic thing that you don't even think about but is totally necessary to consider: will my new phone fit in my pocket? Or purse? Etc.

Yes, the G6 is amazing! It still tempts me to this day lool.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
She's great! I remember she did a segment showing her viewers whether or not her device (a Samsung, I think) would fit in her pocket. I've never seen another reviewer even think to do something like that. Such a basic thing that you don't even think about but is totally necessary to consider: will my new phone fit in my pocket? Or purse? Etc.

Yes, the G6 is amazing! It still tempts me to this day lool.
Which device do you currently have?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
The only people complaining about the internal memory are the people without it, it seems.. At least on here.
Well I had the 32GB Pixel and ended up having to buy the 128GB model due to running out of room. I know the G6 has an SD card slot but I like keeping my images on my device. I have 4 month old twins and I take A LOT of pictures and videos. I need as much internal storage as possible.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
The only people complaining about the internal memory are the people without it, it seems.. At least on here.
For me at least, I have limited myself from installing apps due to the 32GB storage. I have lots of icons, widgets and wallpaper apps that take up plenty of space. So, yea, if G6 was 64GB, that would have been perfect!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes Verizon is branded. Oddly enough the S8 isn't for some reason.

Probably because Samsung has more clout and can tell Verizon to stick it much the way Apple doesn't have all the silly bloatware and launches updates at will.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For me at least, I have limited myself from installing apps due to the 32GB storage. I have lots of icons, widgets and wallpaper apps that take up plenty of space. So, yea, if G6 was 64GB, that would have been perfect!

Yeah... 32 GB though liveable is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Probably because Samsung has more clout and can tell Verizon to stick much the way Apple doesn't have all the silly bloatware and launches updates at will.

Possibly but many before that had it so .. that is why it struck me as odd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781