Skins - Like or Dislike?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not at all - some people have issues with the edges of them catching on things, not watching an imperfect application - and let's be real, most of the skins look like crap on most phones.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not at all - some people have issues with the edges of them catching on things, not watching an imperfect application - and let's be real, most of the skins look like crap on most phones.

I've never seen one in person but the ones I saw posted looked good. I wouldn't bother because they don't offer much protection and there have been cases where removal ruined the phones finish. I do like the wooden skins made by Toast but again I don't think skins are for me.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the natural wood slick wrap for about a week. It looks like wood but feels like textured rubber. It's grippy. I had tried a dbrand and it didn't fit right. I'm usually a slim case kind of person. I'm also not using a screen protector. I never drop my phone and am always very cautious with it. I'm using the LG G6.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm very interested in the Alcantara skin from Slickwraps, but it only covers the back and the G6 sides are too slick for me. So I am stuck with a slim case for extra grip. I do have a Slickwraps Honeycomb skin to try, which seems like it would look pretty sharp and give great grip, but again, not on the sides. I wish I could find a bumper case without a back so I could use a cool skin.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

I had an intense dislike for skins for this reason - the first and only skin I'd used started peeling away from the device I had at the time in six days after application, it was just as you described with the edges being pronounced and catching on my jeans and picking up lint. The application was unpleasant although it went on correctly.

Fast forward to today, where I have my G6 and a dbrand skin. The edges are so flush as to confuse anyone unfamiliar with the phone, two people thought I had a Note. There is zero snagging or lint being picked up and can have beer spilled it and survive being rinsed off. It took three weeks to overcome my earlier reluctance but I'm very happy I did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae