Very cool. I ordered a couple cases to try out when I first noticed my camera glass showing scratches as well. One of them was the VolksRose wood one that's on Amazon and it was backordered. In the meantime I learned that the camera glass is not actually being scratched, it has a soft coating that scratches easily and can be buffed off. So I really feel left off the hook of "needing" a case at all.

Despite preferring to go caseless, I put the wood one on to try it when it came, and I love the way it looks enough that I'm leaving it on. It's relatively huge, which I don't like, and I'm sure it would shatter if I ever dropped it onto a hard surface but it would probably absorb the force well enough to protect the phone. it just looks really good to me.

Had I known of the slickwraps naturals I would have gone straight for them, but I would have had a hard time choosing between leather or wood.
    Today 05:40 AM
    Very cool. I ordered a couple cases to try out when I first noticed my camera glass showing scratches as well. One of them was the VolksRose wood one that's on Amazon and it was backordered. In the meantime I learned that the camera glass is not actually being scratched, it has a soft coating that scratches easily and can be buffed off. So I really feel left off the hook of "needing" a case at all.

Despite preferring to go caseless, I put the wood one on to try it when it came, and I love the way it looks enough that I'm leaving it on. It's relatively huge, which I don't like, and I'm sure it would shatter if I ever dropped it onto a hard surface but it would probably absorb the force well enough to protect the phone. it just looks really good to me.

Had I known of the slickwraps naturals I would have gone straight for them, but I would have had a hard time choosing between leather or wood.
    Yeah the camera glass itself is too high up on a mohs hardness scale to be scratched even by a razor blade, so it's pretty damn hard to get a scratch on there. You can see the material of something else rubbing off on it though, and as you mentioned it can buff out.

The issue for me was that the rest of the back glass isn't near as tough or scratch resistant.

I'd say if you're into wood feel but don't want a bulky case, the slickwraps naturals is your best bet, I personally love mine.

My brother says that it made his S8 actually one handable, and easy to hold. Also the back glass is so smudgy that the wood takes care of that too.
    Today 02:33 PM
    Sure is, they've been having a lot of sales lately so I pulled the trigger on one of their naturals series, the mahogany one.

Funny enough because it's a solid wood panel application of it is MUCH easier than a normal skin that's flimsy lol.
    Its important for anyone ordering these that it is the natural series and not the wood series. The wood series is their regular vinyl. The natural series are real wood veneer or real leather skin.
    Today 03:02 PM
    Yeah the camera glass itself is too high up on a mohs hardness scale to be scratched even by a razor blade, so it's pretty damn hard to get a scratch on there. You can see the material of something else rubbing off on it though, and as you mentioned it can buff out.

The issue for me was that the rest of the back glass isn't near as tough or scratch resistant.

I'd say if you're into wood feel but don't want a bulky case, the slickwraps naturals is your best bet, I personally love mine.

My brother says that it made his S8 actually one handable, and easy to hold. Also the back glass is so smudgy that the wood takes care of that too.
    I wonder if the leather has a better grip
    Today 03:04 PM
54 123