So.... what happened to the people saying this phone is build badly and scratches terribly easy?? Not the normal stuff, but there were people coming in here that looked like their phones went through garbage disposals from just being in their purse or pockets.. lol
    07-10-2017 06:46 PM
    So.... what happened to the people saying this phone is build badly and scratches terribly easy?? Not the normal stuff, but there were people coming in here that looked like their phones went through garbage disposals from just being in their purse or pockets.. lol
    None here
    07-10-2017 06:48 PM
    I feel like a lot of it were false flags..
    07-10-2017 06:53 PM
    None for me, although I've had it in a case since day 1.
    Jeremiah Bonds and pkguy323 like this.
    07-10-2017 07:00 PM
    I know the one guy who claimed his friends was destroyed from normal use. Then his friend came and posted it was far from normal use.

He ended up with a G6 but I haven't heard from him since then.
    07-10-2017 07:08 PM
    No case here, and no scratches either
    07-10-2017 11:07 PM
    I have had an Otterbox Symmetry clear case on mine since day one. Also have a glass screen protector as well. Love having glass on my phone again. One thing I did not like about the S7 Edge.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-11-2017 04:21 PM
    The only thing scratched badly is my camera glass. I refuse to buff it. if it impacts my pictures I'll file a warranty claim.
    muckrakerX likes this.
    07-11-2017 07:05 PM
    Mine is still perfect but I wash it in the sink everyday LOOOOLZ!
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    07-11-2017 07:49 PM
    Everyone handles the phone differently. I am sure some were legitally having issues with it.
    07-12-2017 07:35 AM
    Glass scratches. It an inevitability. It doesn't matter if it's Gorilla Glass, Awesome Glass, Unobtainum Glass....whatever you want to call it, it will get scratched. It's just a question of what it takes to do it.
    Aquila and jhilker like this.
    07-12-2017 10:03 AM
    It's glass. Especially if you have a black model, it will scratch over time.

It has nothing to do with a device being good or bad. It's just glass being glass.

If you wanna keep that pristine look, put a skin or a case, like I usually do.
    jhilker likes this.
    07-12-2017 12:14 PM
    Yeah, but I'm talking about those people early on that said their phone was DESTROYED for no reason.
    07-12-2017 12:45 PM
    Ahh, I remember those. "my phone sits on a desk all day and has never been dropped" but looks like it was polished with an angle grinder. Funny how they soon stopped
    07-12-2017 12:53 PM
    Ahh, I remember those. "my phone sits on a desk all day and has never been dropped" but looks like it was polished with an angle grinder. Funny how they soon stopped
    exactly.. I wonder about those.. They were PERFECT timing to get people to consider other devices. I'm not saying it's a conspiracy or anything. haha. it's just funny how that works out.
    07-12-2017 01:06 PM
    Yeah, but I'm talking about those people early on that said their phone was DESTROYED for no reason.
    It could have for them. I wouldn't accept scratches on my camera lens. That's a no go.
    07-12-2017 07:06 PM
    Put a case with a lip and place it face down on a flat surface.
    07-12-2017 11:53 PM
    I believe those were the early adopters that were given the review units?...that's the only time I heard complaints about the phone being easily scratched.
    07-13-2017 07:40 AM
    You mean this one:
    LG is going to have a big problem on their hands. Attached are photos of my friends LG G6. She takes decent care of her devices. Doesn't drop them. This is crazy !!!!!!
    Attachment 257855
    Attachment 257856
    Attachment 257857
    Then his friend followed up with this:
    I'm over it lol. I'm trying to decide what case to get though.

I didn't quite realize how abrasive the surface I work on seems to be. Oh well.

I wonder if white would show these scratches. There is also the Dbrand option as well. I could definitely take suggestions ������
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    07-13-2017 10:45 AM
    You mean this one:

Then his friend followed up with this:
    yes this, and there were others on a few other forums and random online postings.
    07-13-2017 01:43 PM
    It could have for them. I wouldn't accept scratches on my camera lens. That's a no go.
    I know it has nothing to do with the g6 and sorry for that but....... LINDOW SAMA !!!!!!

Also only have 1 scratches on my camera lens no idea where it came from but i got my g6 from a trade with my s8+ (dosen't affect it's performance anyway).Most of the "scratches" i think i see are mostly dirt that's stuck on it.
    07-15-2017 12:05 PM

Also only have 1 scratches on my camera lens no idea where it came from but i got my g6 from a trade with my s8+ (dosen't affect it's performance anyway).Most of the "scratches" i think i see are mostly dirt that's stuck on it.
    You probably do not really have a scratch on your camera lens. As was pointed out to me, there seems to be some kind of coating on the camera glass. Either it's a bad design or a manufacturing error, but either way, it's soft and the scratch is probably only in the coating. You can buff it off (eventually it probably WILL happen in the field of view of one of the lenses and then it will cause visual effects). I got some polywatch polisher to do mine but haven't done it yet.
    Qc_Anubis likes this.
    07-16-2017 04:44 AM
    Have mine in case and tempered glass since 1st day, and thinking about getting tempered glass for the back camera.. It actually excist hahaahaha..
    07-16-2017 06:45 AM
    You probably do not really have a scratch on your camera lens. As was pointed out to me, there seems to be some kind of coating on the camera glass. Either it's a bad design or a manufacturing error, but either way, it's soft and the scratch is probably only in the coating. You can buff it off (eventually it probably WILL happen in the field of view of one of the lenses and then it will cause visual effects). I got some polywatch polisher to do mine but haven't done it yet.
    I had one like that on my previous note 4 though i don't use a camera often so not really a biggy for me. Still dosen't affect my field of view but i highly doubt i'll get another one like that tbh. Will remember to polish it if something ever happens ! Thanks for that trick :P
    07-16-2017 08:30 AM
    people always say this when a new phone comes out and they treat it like crap. there has to be a manufacturing issue because I'm clumsy ah hell and don't take care of anything I own. the Samsung forum was full of these when the s8/s8+ came out. rocked a screen protector for a few weeks, took it off and not a single scratch had it since launch day.
    Qc_Anubis and Jeremiah Bonds like this.
    07-20-2017 12:52 AM
57 123