G6 Battery Life

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So as some know i just switched to the G6 from the S8 Plus. Battery life is noticeably less, which was expected, but i was curious how long a battery typically lasts others with the G6? I have 39% battery left and i have gotten about 3.5 hours of SoT. Does it take time for the battery to "settle" i could go 2 days and get about 8 hours SoT with the S8 Plus.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Life

So as some know i just switched to the G6 from the S8 Plus. Battery life is noticeably less, which was expected, but i was curious how long a battery typically lasts others with the G6? I have 39% battery left and i have gotten about 3.5 hours of SoT. Does it take time for the battery to "settle" i could go 2 days and get about 8 hours SoT with the S8 Plus.
I think it depends on your usage.. There's a guy here that got 2 days and 7 hours of SOT.... I use my phone quite a bit and I stretch it to 13-18 hours with 6-8 SOT.. But it truthfully depends on usage..

Some people say they only get 3 hours SOT.. Which I think is odd

Have you gone through the settings and tinkered with the phone yet?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

I think it depends on your usage.. There's a guy here that got 2 days and 7 hours of SOT.... I use my phone quite a bit and I stretch it to 13-18 hours with 6-8 SOT.. But it truthfully depends on usage..

Not a ton. Not really sure what to change on it to be honest. Never had an LG phone.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

I consistently get 3-4 hours SoT. Also, 2 days? Come on.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Yup. I was surprised as well. You can go see my post in the S8 Plus forum from when i had the device. It was insane.

maybe go through some of the older forums of battery tips.. once you get the hang of it, this thing can run.

It has a lot to do with how bright your screen is also. I recently just cleaned out all of my screen shots, but there are things you can do in your wifi settings, bluetooth settings, gps settings.. Good luck hunting.

You can DM me on the side too if you need further assistance.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

I got my phone is April.... I get around 2 days with SOT between 5 to 6 hrs... If your phone is very new give it few days for the battery to settle down and my G6 is dual sim version with both Sims active... Soo ya I get great battery life

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site

I received an update a couple days ago and other than June security patch, only difference is a definite hit to the battery on order of 15-20% less screen on time. I have unlocked US997 G6.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

3 hours sounds right depending on their usage. Your usage could be screen on reading stuff with music whereas another is full brightness streaming live full HD video over LTE. Both would have completely different drain.

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site

3 hours sounds right depending on their usage. Your usage could be screen on reading stuff with music whereas another is full brightness streaming live full HD video over LTE. Both would have completely different drain.
Agree, there are many factors at play here. Personally I am more interested in low standby drain, and I must say I'm extremely happy with the G6 in that area.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Agree, there are many factors at play here. Personally I am more interested in low standby drain, and I must say I'm extremely happy with the G6 in that area.

Yep. When I had my G6 it had no issues with standby / my usage over weekends and such. During the week at work I just tax phones way too hard so hard to really judge true life since my usage is very abnormal.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Which is why I opened my comment with it depending on usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol