07-16-2017 12:09 PM
77 123 ...
tools
    So as some know i just switched to the G6 from the S8 Plus. Battery life is noticeably less, which was expected, but i was curious how long a battery typically lasts others with the G6? I have 39% battery left and i have gotten about 3.5 hours of SoT. Does it take time for the battery to "settle" i could go 2 days and get about 8 hours SoT with the S8 Plus.
    07-11-2017 03:42 PM
    So as some know i just switched to the G6 from the S8 Plus. Battery life is noticeably less, which was expected, but i was curious how long a battery typically lasts others with the G6? I have 39% battery left and i have gotten about 3.5 hours of SoT. Does it take time for the battery to "settle" i could go 2 days and get about 8 hours SoT with the S8 Plus.
    I think it depends on your usage.. There's a guy here that got 2 days and 7 hours of SOT.... I use my phone quite a bit and I stretch it to 13-18 hours with 6-8 SOT.. But it truthfully depends on usage..

Some people say they only get 3 hours SOT.. Which I think is odd

Have you gone through the settings and tinkered with the phone yet?
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-11-2017 04:02 PM
    I think it depends on your usage.. There's a guy here that got 2 days and 7 hours of SOT.... I use my phone quite a bit and I stretch it to 13-18 hours with 6-8 SOT.. But it truthfully depends on usage..

Not a ton. Not really sure what to change on it to be honest. Never had an LG phone.
    07-11-2017 04:04 PM

I consistently get 3-4 hours SoT. Also, 2 days? Come on.
    07-11-2017 04:10 PM
    Someone here posted screen shots..

I had 3:25 minutes of screen time today before I plugged my sync cable in at work.. I had 55% left.

But I did uninstall quick memo.
    07-11-2017 04:14 PM
    Yup. I was surprised as well. You can go see my post in the S8 Plus forum from when i had the device. It was insane.
    07-11-2017 04:25 PM
    Yup. I was surprised as well. You can go see my post in the S8 Plus forum from when i had the device. It was insane.
    maybe go through some of the older forums of battery tips.. once you get the hang of it, this thing can run.

It has a lot to do with how bright your screen is also. I recently just cleaned out all of my screen shots, but there are things you can do in your wifi settings, bluetooth settings, gps settings.. Good luck hunting.

You can DM me on the side too if you need further assistance.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-11-2017 04:27 PM
    I got my phone is April.... I get around 2 days with SOT between 5 to 6 hrs... If your phone is very new give it few days for the battery to settle down and my G6 is dual sim version with both Sims active... Soo ya I get great battery life
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-11-2017 06:24 PM
    07-11-2017 06:33 PM
    It is unfortunate that VZW does now allow quickmemo to be uninstalled.
    07-11-2017 06:41 PM
    Is it weird that my phone uses 26% of battery in Phone Idle?
    07-11-2017 06:44 PM
    I would say yes.
    07-11-2017 08:15 PM
    Hard to say without more info
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-11-2017 08:33 PM
    It is unfortunate that VZW does now allow quickmemo to be uninstalled.
    Same with Sprint.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-11-2017 08:43 PM
    I received an update a couple days ago and other than June security patch, only difference is a definite hit to the battery on order of 15-20% less screen on time. I have unlocked US997 G6.
    07-11-2017 09:49 PM

3 hours sounds right depending on their usage. Your usage could be screen on reading stuff with music whereas another is full brightness streaming live full HD video over LTE. Both would have completely different drain.
    07-12-2017 07:33 AM
    3 hours sounds right depending on their usage. Your usage could be screen on reading stuff with music whereas another is full brightness streaming live full HD video over LTE. Both would have completely different drain.
    Agree, there are many factors at play here. Personally I am more interested in low standby drain, and I must say I'm extremely happy with the G6 in that area.
    Almeuit likes this.
    07-12-2017 08:03 AM
    Agree, there are many factors at play here. Personally I am more interested in low standby drain, and I must say I'm extremely happy with the G6 in that area.
    Yep. When I had my G6 it had no issues with standby / my usage over weekends and such. During the week at work I just tax phones way too hard so hard to really judge true life since my usage is very abnormal.
    07-12-2017 08:25 AM
    Which is why I opened my comment with it depending on usage.
    07-12-2017 09:43 AM
    Which is why I opened my comment with it depending on usage.
    You did .. but then you said it was odd so you contradicted yourself :P. It definitely is normal if the usage is very strenuous on the device.
    07-12-2017 09:49 AM
    You did .. but then you said it was odd so you contradicted yourself :P. It definitely is normal if the usage is very strenuous on the device.
    Haha True, but when people say they always get 3 hours, no matter what they do to try to change it.. Do people really always watch HD videos on high brightness ALL the time on their device?.. I know when I play some games it'll drain, but then I'll stop 30 minutes to an hour later, and the usage evens put and I still get over 3 hours of SOT. It wasn't a contradiction, it just wasn't a fully explained statement.

Something that people tend to leave out is their network strength, screen brightness like both you and I mentioned and activity..

I too care about my idle time more than my up time.. For instance..
    07-12-2017 09:55 AM
    Haha True, but when people say they always get 3 hours, no matter what they do to try to change it.. Do people really always watch HD videos on high brightness ALL the time on their device?.. I know when I play some games it'll drain, but then I'll stop 30 minutes to an hour later, and the usage evens put and I still get over 3 hours of SOT. It wasn't a contradiction, it just wasn't a fully explained statement.

Something that people tend to leave out is their network strength, screen brightness like both you and I mentioned and activity..

I too care about my idle time more than my up time.. For instance.. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f7358d50eb.jpg
    Well no people don't do it all the time -- but that goes with something you just said (" it just wasn't a fully explained statement.")

Most people will talk about the issue they're having and that is it -- not the times they had where it was all working like it should. For idle yes 3 hours SoT could be normal depending how long the device in total has been on. If it is a short while then yes alarm bells would go off and I would be checking app usage and other factors. If it is 3 hours SoT but 48 hours of being on battery .. well .. that is more reasonable.

That is why I have always hated the huge focus on SoT. I could go get 10+ hours SoT just to show I got it on my device but it wouldn't be true usage. The number isn't realistic to how the phone was actually used.
    nathdogg1985 likes this.
    07-12-2017 09:58 AM
    Well no people don't do it all the time -- but that goes with something you just said (" it just wasn't a fully explained statement.")

Most people will talk about the issue they're having and that is it -- not the times they had where it was all working like it should. For idle yes 3 hours SoT could be normal depending how long the device in total has been on. If it is a short while then yes alarm bells would go off and I would be checking app usage and other factors. If it is 3 hours SoT but 48 hours of being on battery .. well .. that is more reasonable.

That is why I have always hated the huge focus on SoT. I could go get 10+ hours SoT just to show I got it on my device but it wouldn't be true usage. The number isn't realistic to how the phone was actually used.
    Agreed..
    07-12-2017 10:02 AM
    I do not care about SOT myself, it's not really the issue with me since I'm not on my phone for hours during a day, but standby drain always is. I miss root mainly for the ability to tame wakelocks and other junk processes.

Android wear is a big battery killer due to lots of bluetooth wakelocks, so I've been leaving bluetooth off. After disabling all the unnecessary bloatware I could, (quickmemo doesn't seem to be a problem on mine) I usually go to bed with around 40% left. This is nice after my old phone with its worn-out battery that I was always had to charge during the day if I did not want low battery warnings in the evenings.

I was seeing significant wakelock times (an hour or more in a day) from com.carrieriq.iqagent during the first few days of having the phone. Despite being unable to fully get rid of it, it's now only a few minutes. Not sure what changed there.

I'm also looking into brevent as a way to keep unnecessary junk from running and wasting battery.
    07-12-2017 10:28 AM
    I do not care about SOT myself, it's not really the issue with me since I'm not on my phone for hours during a day, but standby drain always is. I miss root mainly for the ability to tame wakelocks and other junk processes.

Android wear is a big battery killer due to lots of bluetooth wakelocks, so I've been leaving bluetooth off. After disabling all the unnecessary bloatware I could, (quickmemo doesn't seem to be a problem on mine) I usually go to bed with around 40% left. This is nice after my old phone with its worn-out battery that I was always had to charge during the day if I did not want low battery warnings in the evenings.

I was seeing significant wakelock times (an hour or more in a day) from com.carrieriq.iqagent during the first few days of having the phone. Despite being unable to fully get rid of it, it's now only a few minutes. Not sure what changed there.

I'm also looking into brevent as a way to keep unnecessary junk from running and wasting battery.
    Have you tried Forcedoze or Greenify? That might help your standby time.
    07-12-2017 11:01 AM
77 123 ...